Folks, The Summer Series continues, this time in the shadow of Christmas… BUT that doesn’t mean we’ve stopped gifting very special guests!!
Joining us today is no stranger to property investment or The Property Couch… Pete Wargent!!
You might remember him back on Episode 139 | Pete Wargent, Multimillionaire at Age 33: How did he do it?
And that title explains a lot of what Pete’s about — achieving financial independence. And, yep, he personally did it for himself at the ripe age of 33 too.
To give you an idea of Pete’s background: during his professional career, he qualified as a Chartered Accountant in London and was previously a Director at the ‘Big 4’ accounting firm, Deloitte. He indeed walks the talk when it comes to investing and he gratefully parked his career in accountancy, having achieved early financial freedom, as detailed in his first best-selling book, Get a Financial Grip: a simple plan for financial freedom.
And he’s here to talk all things data, the future of the Australian property market and the impacts of Labor’s proposed changes to Negative Gearing, as outlined in his recent report.
Here’s what you can expect…
- How many hours per day is Pete looking at the data?
- What were the biggest themes coming through 2018?
- Will the Australian economy slow?
- What are some themes that might start occurring in the economy?
- What are the charts showing about job vacancies?
- Is Melbourne looking like a strong economy from an employment point of view?
- What might happen if the lending restrictions continue?
- What’s pushing down inflation?
- What does Pete predict we’ll see in 2019?
- If you’re investing for the long term, what do you need to keep in mind?
- Why is it not the best to invest in property for the short term?
- When does property outperform shares?
- What happened in Britain that was similar to the Banking Royal Commission?
- When are we likely to see a loosening in lending?
- Why is the lending environment like a “pendulum”?
- What does Pete think about the proposed changes to Negative Gearing?
- What did Pete’s co-written report show might happen if this policy is introduced?
- Will changes to negative gearing work?
- Why might the change to negative gearing create a two-tiered market?
- What can investors do if negative gearing is changed?
- Why will yields increase?
- Is it wise to think construction will increase if house prices fall?
- What’s Pete advice to his clients right now?
- What are the unintended consequences of Labor’s policy?
- What are the politics of the policy
- Will it affect stamp duty?
- Tips to help increase cashflow!
- Will Pete be buying property in the current market?
- What city is likely to have the strongest economy in 2019?
- What’s the ‘population pyramid’ Pete talks about?
Stand Out Quote from the Ep…
“Labor’s policy is now solving a problem that’s been solved.”
– Pete Wargent
Missed our earlier episodes in The Summer Series?
- Episode 204 |Peter Koulizos – What he’d like to do about Negative Gearing
- Episode 205 | Expelled at 15 and 3 properties by 22 – Chat with Jack Henderson
- Episode 206 | Nerida Conisbee – What’s Happening Around the Ground in the Australian Property Market?
This 80-odd page document is the vault containing all the foundational tips and insights you need to be a successful investor.
Want a Free Copy of The Golden Highlights? You can get it here.