Folks, “the $64 million dollar question” — and the decision that comes with it — has the potential to either CRIPPLE or COMPLETE an investor’s property portfolio…!!
And the expensive and decisive question is this…
“Should I sell or hold onto my property?”
Who knows, maybe YOU are currently mulling of this exactly question right now? Or maybe you’ve invested in a not-too-great property, but you don’t know if you should keep it? Or maybe, just maybe, you’re like a lot of us… and you simply don’t know how to work out if a property’s got something in the tank — ie. Capital Growth — or it doesn’t.
So… how can you work this out?
Well, to help us with the Number #1 Dilemma property investors and home owners have faced since day dot, is none other than the self-confessed “Data nut” himself… Jeremy Sheppard!!
Because if there’s one thing data (A.K.A. Jez) can do for us, it’s take the guesswork out of a seriously costly decision an make it a research-backed, conscious one! (We’ve got a surprise in this episode that just might help YOU too — and there’s a link further down if you’re looking for it!)
Of course, for the folks out there who may not have heard Jeremy on the podcast before — he is of course, the better third of the LocationScore Lads (yep, he gets to hang out with us two larrikins riffing on about the best suburb to invest in ALL the time!) 😉
Jeremy Sheppard is indeed a one of Australia’s leading property data experts and analysists, having pioneered DSR data, a formula that scores every suburb in Australia out of 100 based on their Demand to Supply Ratio. Oh, and not to mention he is fluent in every property market metric — from Auction Clearance Rates all the way to the “Recycling Costs” we’ll be talking about today! Hint: it’s got a lot to do with how to answer the $64 Million Dollar Question!
And if you haven’t checked out Jeremy’s prior episodes, here they are:
- Episode 125 | Everything You Need To Know About Picking The Next Hotspot – Chat with Jeremy Sheppard
- Episode 162 | Q&A – Second-tier Lenders, Brisbane’s units market and the order in Investment Assumptions (PLUS a special appearance from Jeremy Sheppard)
- Episode 170 | Property Data Dive with Jeremy Sheppard & The Top 20 SUA Report!
What You’ll Learn in This Episode…
- The Closest Answer You’ll Ever Get to “Should you sell or hold onto your property?” !
- How to work out the above in cheapest and quickest way
- The very first thing you need to think about before you do ANYTHING
- What is opportunity cost?
- What do you do when you’ve bought a lemon?
- How much does it cost to exit one market and enter another one?
- How much does it REALLY cost to sell?
- What does “Recycling equity” mean?
- How can you work out the future growth of a property?
- What are some of the selling costs you have to think about?
- What are the ongoing costs to hold a property?
- Why do you need to think about how these holding costs stack up against rental income?
- What are the “Capital Costs” involved in selling a property?
- What is the most expensive cost a property investor has to pay?
- How many years is this decision TOO LATE??
- Should you focus on Yield or Capital Growth?
- What should you do with an Off the Plan property?
- Why do you need to be careful of “jealousy” in high rise buildings?
- What holds people back from making the decision to sell or hold?
- What’s happening in Sydney right now?
- Why isn’t putting your name on title enough?
- How can you work out WHICH PROPERTY to get rid of?
- What are the 3 Main Considerations in selling or holding a property?
- Even if you can’t afford to re-enter the market, should you still consider selling?
- How confident can you be in this Sell or Hold algorithm?
- If you choose to sell and buy elsewhere, how many years do you need to see a return in investment?
P.S. The cutting-edge software program (the first of its kind to EVER hit the property market) that we talk about in this episode can be found at SellorHold.com.au
This is also where you can get a Free Sample Report to see how the research and methodology works.
Exclusive 20% Off Discount for listeners…
Simply use this Code at the Check Out Page: TPC20