We promised you a market outlook last week….. so, folks, we had to deliver!
Yep! This week on the Couch, we’ve wrangled in Tim Lawless, CoreLogic‘s executive research director for Australasia, who heads up the Data Research and Analytics team, analysing and interpreting real estate, demographic and economic trends across the country! He’s one of Australia’s leading property market commentators, so…..
In a nutshell: Tim knows his stuff.
For our newer listeners, Tim no stranger of the Couch. Back in Episode 90, he joined us to chat about the impact of Donald Trump on the Australian Property Market. So what’s in store this year for each state and capital in Australia?
Tune in…… you’re about to find out!!
Before we jump in and tell you the property outlook 2018, Bryce wants to remind you to send in your Android Life Hack (please and thank you) so we can even the playfield with the iPhone users! Just email it in to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Okay, so today’s big questions are:
- What’s in store for the Australian property market?
- Is there going to be a significant shock?
- What’s up with the economy? (Think, “Will your wage increase?” and interest rates!)
Now, let’s drill it down to Capital Cities:
*** Scroll down for the city you’re most interested in ***
- What’s the trend rate showing for Melbourne?
- Are units on the city fringe worth investing in?
- Is Geelong showing potential?
- Which macro trends are contributing to price growth?
- How does it compare with Sydney’s outlook?
- How are yields fairing?
- Is now the time to invest in property?
- What are the tips and trends happening in Sydney?
- How much has the market fallen and how much more will it fall?
- What areas are holding their value?
- Which quartile is coming down the most?
- Will Sydney bust now that it’s peaked?
- Are first home buyers entering the market?
- What is the median value for houses and units?
- How will the lending restrictions affect the market?
- Are yields increasing?
- Is Brisbane one of the better capital cities to invest in now?
- What makes it a good entry point into the market?
- But what about the oversupply with inner-city apartments?
- What’s the latest with Jobs Growth?
- Are there investment opportunities in Cairns and Townsville?
- Should you invest in Newcastle or Woolongong?
- Is there growth happening in Perth?
- Are the investment stock levels reducing?
- How many new listings are there?
- Is it on our radar?
- Where are the vacancy rates highest?
- What signs should you look for?
- Is it a sustainable market?
- What sort of investor should you be in the Hobart market?
- What are the investment trends?
- How much of the market is investment driven?
- Who is buying in Hobart?
- Will there be investment opportunities coming up?
- Will it remain a steady market?
- Is it a safe bet?
- Where is the “smart money” going in Adelaide?
- What might happen in the next 12 months?
- Which property type should you be buying?
- Why is Canberra a growing market?
- What is the best thing about Canberra?
- What is the downside of investing here?
- Is Darwin showing signs of turning around?
- What’s happening with the yields?
- Are buyer numbers increasing?
- How many new listings are there? How do they compare to Melbourne & Sydney?
p.s. Looking for the CoreLogic January 2018 Chart Pack? Download it here!