Folks if there’s one thing a property investor wants… it’s to make sure that their asset is taken care of!
And an invaluable way to do this is to make sure you have quality tenants who will respect your property and obviously pay their rent on time. But you also need the assurance that (touch wood) if the worst case scenario were to play out, you’d have someone on your side to protect you and your asset and, importantly, hold the right person accountable.
…. This is where having the right property manager can make all the difference!!
So how do you spot the right property manager? And what are the traits that separate the good from great??
Joining us today — for her debut on The Property Couch — is Lauren Robinson, Founder of RentalResults, a specialist property management business based in Brisbane, author of Rented and a successful property investor (commercial and residential) in her own right. With over 15 years’ experience in the property management industry, having won Property Manager of the Year in 2017, and buying her first property way back when she was 22, Lauren is quite the guest to cover today’s topic!
Before we crack open the lid and dive into the gold, just a quick shout out that our Summer Series starts THIS COMING TUESDAY (18th of December). Yep, that IS a Tuesday!
What’s our Summer Series??
Folks, the festive season just got a whole lot more fun with TWO EPISODES PER WEEK, featuring nothing but the BEST guests… some of which include our very own tribe of #TPC listeners!!!
Here’s the deal…
From 18th December – 31st January the Couch is coming to you TWICE a week on Tuesday and Thursday!
As mentioned on today’s show, don’t forget to pick up your Free Copy of the Golden Highlights. This 80-odd page document is the vault containing all the foundational tips and insights you need to be a successful investor.
You can get it here.
Also, we’ll be featuring on the Today Show on Channel 9 THIS Saturday 15th December @ approx. 8:30am, so make sure you turn on the telly on if you’re up and about 🙂
What will you learn today?
- Why did Lauren start investing in property?
- What was it like being a first home buyer at 22?
- How did she narrowly avoid investing in Off the Plan?
- How much has she made on that first property?
- What are the considerations of investing in Brisbane?
- What’s the “North vs the South” view in Brisbane?
- How did she get into Property Management?
- Why go with a specialist property manager instead of just a listing agent?
- What do property managers pass on to landlords?
- How does Lauren run her internal work flows?
- How can a landlord maximise chances at getting a good tenant?
- Does Lauren manage her own property? Why/Why not?
- How important is landlord insurance?
- What’s the most common claim?
- What are the major issues you see with a tenancy?
- What does Lauren think about the Victorian Tenancy Changes?
- What are the problems that Lauren has seen with pets?
- When does the vacating period start?
- What are some of the costs that could come out of a tenants bond?
- If you buy an investment property that already has tenants living in it, what are the contractual agreements?
Want more episodes on this topic? Check out these….