Folks we have received one of the greatest compliments bestowed upon us in this episode…
We have been called…
THE NETFLIX FOR PROPERTY INVESTORS!
And folks that has absolutely made our day! Thank you, Andrew!!
But we’re guessing if you’re here, you haven’t just come to hear us celebrate our new title. 😉
You’ve probably been like us and Jordy – who asked the question – and wondered “Why do people sell off-market properties??”
And we’re so excited to dive into this because honestly, we think the answer is going to surprise you!
We’ve also got a fantastic line-up of questions for this week’s Q&A episode, like…
- How do you actually put the big rocks in the jar first?! In this case, our question-asker Clancy is having to choose between buying an investment property or home first…
- Is it possible to have a multi-purpose investment that actually works??
- How can question-asker Demi allay her family’s concerns over her investing in her third property within a year?
Listen in now folks, we’re streaming tons of audio gold (Since – you know – we’re the Netflix of property investors 😉)
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Ask us a question on our Speed Pipe to win a Start & Build course! (Click the right-hand tab on the side of our homepage)
- See Bryce’s lifehack here!
- Will the ACT Government introduce landlord referrals?
Questions We Answer…
Jordy on Why People Sell Off Market Properties
“Hey Bryce and Ben,
How you guys going?
Just had a question around off market opportunities. You hear that there are so many off market opportunities out there that they actually make up nearly more than listed properties.
I’m just wondering why there would be so many real estate agents who are working on the seller’s behalf wouldn’t want to take it to market to get as much competition and try and get the best price.
Obviously, there’s times when someone might want a quick sale, but outside of that it just seems kind of just goes against logic, so if you guys could have a discussion about that. Thank you.”
Clancy on Putting the Big Rocks in the Jar
“Hey property couch guys,
Long-time listener here. I’ve got a question for you around putting the big rocks in the jar and just having a better understanding of what that means.
Our current position is me and my partner own a unit on the Northern beaches in Sydney approximately worth 1.4 something, with around 400 and something in equity in that property.
Over the next sort of five years, we want to move into a house. It’s also in the northern beaches and we also want to start our investment journey in terms of buying investment property. Question is what should we do first?
Should we have our next goal be behind the house or the next goal be behind the investment property? Everyone in the family says we’d be crazy to buy an investment property first.
It kind of makes sense to me that that would be the next option. I’d really appreciate your guy’s insight and maybe help me understand what putting the big rocks in the jar means I know that’s an important concept, but I’m just not quite there conceptually, thanks.”
Andrew Kringas on Lifestyle Property purchases
G’day Ben and Bryce.
Big shout out to you guys and the podcast. I kind of refer to this as the Netflix for property investors.
Like a lot of your listeners, I got into you a couple of months ago and have not been able to stop going through all the episodes. Obviously starting up from the beginning and then ended up coming to some of your newer ones.
My question is really in relation to lifestyle property that you referred to and there has been obviously a really big surge in the past two years of people buying properties in regional, Victorian coastal areas, and looking at using it as a holiday destination for themselves, but also seeing how they can make some substantial rents during peak holiday periods and also use the opportunity to let family use it.
Just wondering what your take is on this and with the pending interest rate rises, is it something that you guys look at or do you steer away from it? Similar to high rise apartments. Would be really happy to hear your thoughts, thanks.
Demi on Advice to family after 4 properties
“Hey Bryce and Benji.
My question is around family, so my family been watching me. We’re about to purchase our third property in a year, so we have 4 all up. I’m only 25 and my family will get very nervous about it. I have buffers. I have everything. What would you say to them to make them not stress out?
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 2:05 – Focus more on the H___ than the G___! Let us know what yours are…
- 4:34 – Question 1: Why People Sell Off Market Properties
- 9:00 – Remember folks, just because it’s off-market doesn’t mean…
- 11:05 – Real Estate Agents are influenced by E____ too!
- 12:24 – Don’t fall for the THIS myth
- 16:12 – Question 2: How to put the big rocks in the jar first
- 17:48 – It’s a relatively easy decision if you take out…
- 19:35 – What we would recommend!
- 23:52 – Question 3: Lifestyle Property purchases (Netflix for property investors?! We are HONOURED mate!)
- 25:20 – Can you have a multi-purpose investment? (and Ben’s predictions for the regional exodus trend!)
- 28:23 – Will the Lifestyle Property Purchase trend continue?
- 33:36 – Question 4: Allaying family concerns over investing
- 35:24 – Why you should test your buffers…
- 38:18 – “Be a student of history!”
- 42:10 – Folks, remember there is no “right” way to invest…
- 46:59 – How you can unlock your iPhone…with a face mask!
- 48:11 – Will you need a landlord referral in the ACT soon???