Folks it’s time to rip out the straw hat, grab your sunnies and chuck on your thongs… because TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF OUR SUMMER SERIES!!
Which means this: 2 Episodes of The Property Couch each week — Tuesday and Thursday — kicking off RIGHT NOW all the way until Thursday 31st January! Yep. That’s 7 unstoppable weeks of nothing but the best guests, double time!
And joining us for our first ever episode of the season to dive into the implications of the proposed changes to Negative gearing is none other than the Property Professor himself… Peter Koulizos! If you recognise the name, that’s not only because Peter is an industry expert who has been in the property education space for a very, very long time, he’s also sat on the Couch a couple times already!! We spoke to him about gentrification way back in Episode 30 and then again in Episode 47!!
Although he likely doesn’t need an introduction, we’ll clear up that, yes, aside from being a hands-on property investor himself, Peter specialises in property valuation and economics and holds a teaching degree, a Graduate Diploma in Property and a Masters of Business (Property). He lectures in Property Investment for Tafe SA, Uni SA and other property education courses all over the country. And he’s done all this for over a decade. Not to mention, the Property Professor also took over the reins from Ben as Chairman of Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA)!
So, let’s bring out the Summer cocktail and kick off the conversation shall we?!
Before we throw down the beach towel, don’t forget…
This 80-odd page document is the vault containing all the foundational tips and insights you need to be a successful investor.
Want a Free Copy of The Golden Highlights? You can get it here.
Here’s the lowdown on Negative Gearing…
- What are the biggest observations that have come out of 2018?
- What are the ramifications of these observations?
- What are the common questions people are asking Peter Koulizos?
- Let’s talk about it… Negative Gearing and why it won’t work!!
- What happens if you discourage people from buying property?
- Should you still invest in property if the Negative Gearing Changes happen?
- How are Off the Plan properties going to fare if Negative Gearing is introduced?
- And how much of these properties make up the total market? (Spoiler: it’s not much!)
- And why will rents likely rise?
- How did the Negative Gearing Policy come about in the first place? And why is it no longer needed?
- What can we do instead of changing Negative Gearing laws?
- How can the Shared Equity Scheme help? What is it?
- Why is Adelaide a great city to invest?
- What do you need to consider when investing in Adelaide? How’s this different to investing in Melbourne?
- Why is it important for a property investor to remain unemotional?
- How long can we expect the credit crunch to last?
- And how can you navigate the Credit Crunch?
- Which loans are easier to get?
- Are you affected by the bad property market news or the good news? (“You’ll be laughing” if you do this)
- Why is Peter seeing an increase in seminar attendees now?
- What’s the #1 thing property investors don’t realise, but should??
- Why doesn’t developing 1 property into 2 always end in profit?
- What do Mum and Dad Developers need to know?
- What’s the biggest hurdle in property development?
- Why might the council reject your development?
- How is Peter helping kids get onto the property ladder?
- How can you help stop negative gearing changes?
- What’s the “top down approach” when researching property?
What’s Peter’s final word for property investors for 2019???
Quote of The Show…
No one ever said, “My Great Australian Dream is to make the banks more money.”