Happy AWE-GUEST! Yep, the month of “Awe-guest” — it’s a little bit witty isn’t it 🙂 — means only awesome things because we are releasing 2 EPISODES A WEEK WITH THE MOST AWESOME GUESTS for the entire month!
To kick start Awe-guest, we are stoked to announce Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group is here for the second time — you can listen to her first episode on which market to invest in 2017 here. With more than 20 years’ experience in property research throughout Asia Pacific, Nerida is THE professional to talk to when it comes to the economy and market conditions!
Sharing what she knows best with Bryce and Ben, Nerida and the boys cover:
- How the cyclical conditions in Tasmania will effect property investors
- What the changes are to foreign investment and how the effect our economy and your investing
- How the USA’s economic growth is affecting the current Australian dollar on the Trade Weighted Index
- Where Chinese buyers are choosing to invest and how it’s affecting the Sydney boom
- What other long term affordability solutions out there
- Whether or not rates will increase for homebuyers
- What the banks will do if (when) the interest rate on mortgage loans increases
- How interest rates and unemployment levels correlate with demand in a market
- How to look at investment in Brisbane and the gentrification in Adelaide
- What the “expectation problem” in Melbourne is and how to use it to your advantage
- How to break into the market without huge levels of debt
- What’s the current outlook is for Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and Darwin markets
Remember: We have a NEW Voicemail widget (the microphone on the right side of your screen) so you can leave us a recorded message that we will play on our Q&A! It’s a happy Awe-guest indeed!
And here’s the link to all the resources mentioned in today’s show:
- CoreLogic’s latest report on Capital Gains Trend – Read here
- Bryce’s appearance on ABC 7.30 on Housing Affordability (21-minute mark) – Watch here
- The Code of The Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani – Find out more
- The 5C’s Lenders look at to Approve your Loan – Watch here
If you like this podcast: “What’s Happening In The Property Market with Nerida Connisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: New Topics