If you listen to just one episode, please make it this one!
Folks, today we are chatting with one of our very own virtual mentors (of all time!)… BERNARD SALT!!
Yep. You’ve probably heard us talking about Bernard on the podcast before – indeed, he has formed a lot of our own views about where the demand for property is heading.
In a nutshell: if there is one person on earth who deeply understands the intricacies of Australians and what drives people 1) to this country, and 2) to make specific property and lifestyle decisions, it is this man!
(And if you know these insights… you’ll begin to see where the property price increases are likely to occur, right?!!)
It obviously goes without saying that over the decades we’ve absolutely read and reread (and dog-eared the pages) of Bernard’s highly-regarded book (just one of many) called “The Big Shift”.
Yep. Big Guest.
Bernard Salt is widely regarded as one of Australia’s leading social commentators by business, the media and the broader community. He draws on a range of data sets to interpret social change now into the future. He argues that social and cultural change are powerful forces that are reshaping the way we live, the way we work and even how we form relationships. He was awarded the Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2017 Australia Day Honours and was a partner of KPMG until his retirement in June 2017, and still acts as a special advisor to the firm. Between 2011 and 2019 he was an adjunct professor at Curtin University Business School.
Now Bernard is the Managing Director of The Demographics Group, and he writes weekly columns for The Australian that deal with social, generational and demographic matters.
Essentially… Bernard is the Go-To Guru on how statistics tell human stories and what the data suggests about key future trends!
Tune in now – ripper episode, folks! 🤸♂️
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Episode 314 | The Millennial Movement: How It’s Shifting Property Demand – Chat with Simon Kuestenmacher
- Social Atlases by .idcommunity
- Leave a Review on iTunes for your chance to Win a Start & Build Course!
Here’s What We Cover…
- What’s the #1 thing you need to know about understanding demographics data?
- The future of Australia and how this should shape your decisions around buying property!
- What’s the current culture telling us about the demand for certain properties?
- The New COVID-Norm – What’s in store for us?
- Will we go through The Roaring 20’s again?
- Bernard’s acronyms to describe specific clusters of people!
- How did Bernard get into Demographics, anyway?
- How do statistics tell human stories?
- How does Bernard decipher so much data?
- What does the location of Red Rooster hint about people in that area?
- Is the “escape to regional” short term?
- What is Australia’s Superpower?
- The Fried Egg City…
- The “Smashed Avocado” Debate…!
- The Empty Islander Syndrome: What is it and What does it say about Australia?
- Why is the beach considered a “third Australian culture”?
- Will people go back to working in an office!?!
- What’s The Millennial Movement that’s shifting property demand?
- What are the key trends that shape the way we live?
- The History of Australia: What does it says about our relationship with property?
- How much has Australian culture been influenced by Mediterranean migrants?
- Interesting character traits across the Generations…