Raise your hand if you’re curious to hear the profitable, 12-Step Process to Property Development…?
Now, keep it there if you’re already a developer, or you’re keen to give property development a crack yourself or, hey, maybe you just wanna build on your property investment knowledge before you lock yourself into anything?
Righto then folks, if your hand’s UP, then this episode was tailor-made for you!!
‘cos today we’ve dragged the big boss back into the studio — Mr Peter Koulizos!! And he’s about to unpack some of his best stuff on property development!
For those who haven’t yet been privy to the Property Professor’s gold on gentrification (EP 30 and EP 47) or the Five Golden Rules of Property Investment (EP 030) or his most recent episode on negative gearing (EP 204)… it might come clear to you now that our good mate Peter Koulizos — Chair of Property Investors Council of Australia (PIPA), property developer, specialist in property valuation and economics (with a teaching degree, a Graduate Diploma in Property and a Masters of Business – Property) — is a SERIAL Coucher and one of Australia’s leading property investment experts whose opinion we greatly admire J
Sure, he’s got all the qualifications and skillset, but he’s also got invaluable, in-the-trench experience, ESPECIALLY when it comes to property developing… and not just a little bit, mind you folks… a WHOLE LOT of it!
So… let’s just pick the Property Professor’s brain, yeah?
He was in town, so we’ve dragged him back in to the studio!
- [Free video] Five Things You Need To Know Before You Buy An Investment Property
- Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA)
- Property Investors Council of Australia (PICA)
- Ron Forlee’s three books on property development
- Peter’s Property Development 101 – 10 Videos
- 196 Esplanade, Port Noarlunga South, SA – Video 1
- 196 Esplanade, Port Noarlunga South, SA – Video 2
- VIC Government $600m combustible cladding fix
- NSW Residential Tenancies Regulation Update
- Our recent Facebook LIVE videos
- Make Money Simple Again Facebook Group
The TOP FIVE Highlights…
- The Framework to Figure Out if Developing is (or absolutely isn’t) For You
- The 12 Steps To a Profitable Property Development (and what to look out for during each step!)
- The Gross Profit You Should Aim to Get BEFORE Embarking on A Development Project (incl. the “worst case scenario” profit)
- The Difference Between Planning Approval And Building Rules Approval
- The Lenders That Have An Appetite for Financing Developments Right Now
Get Noteworthy Answers On…
- What’s likely to happen with legislation in the future?
- How’d Peter get into property and the development space?
- What are the benefits of “buying and holding”, even for property developers?
- Is “buying under market value” realistic?
- What can you expect when working with councils?
- What’s a Crucial Factor when developing?
- How does private certification work? Are there issues?
- What are Peter’s best performing properties?
- Can you be an “armchair developer”?
- What level of risk is involved?
- What should you tell the real estate agent you’re going to do with the developments?
- Can you find a development site without having to pay for research resources?
- Who do you need on your team?
- How important is a Town Planner in all this?
- What’s the biggest blind spot when selecting a builder?
- Is there a Rule of Thumb on how much to spend on sproject management fees?
- What advice would he give to himself as a first time property developer?
Quote of The Day
“You don’t want to go from Zero to Hero.
You don’t want to know nothing about property straight to property development!”
– Peter Koulizos