This data is hot off the press folks!! 🔥🔥🔥
It’s no secret that property prices have grown quite a bit lately, but recent data is showing that we’re breaking records!
Here’s a snippet from Domain’s media release just a week ago:
September Quarter 2021 House Price Report shows Australian house prices experiencing a historical rate of growth at 21.9%, the fastest annual rate of growth on record with median house prices at almost $1 million nationally.
But…what does this mean for both sellers and buyers? Is this likely to stay or are we going to see a crash in the new year? Is this growth even sustainable with our current economy?!
Will the Regional Exodus Backflip?!!
There are heaps of moving parts here and we know it can get a little overwhelming…
So we’ve outsourced and brought in an expert to help us out.
And yes, we’ve been teasing you about her for the past few weeks so bring on the drum roll please…
With more than 15 years’ research experience that spans academic, government and private sector, Nicola is the leading force behind Domain’s regular data reports that keep the Australian public up to date on what’s happening in the market.
Safe to say that we’re in good hands folks.
Tune in to find out more!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- We are looking for two talented individuals to join our team! If you’re passionate with property and keen to join a fun and dynamic team, learn more here: https://empowerwealth.com.au/career-with-us/
- Domain’s September 2021 House Price Report – Find out more
- Domain’s 2021 School Zones report – Find out more
Here’s What We Cover…
- 1:57 – Mindset minute: It’s better to hang out with people _______ than you, pick out associates whose __________ is better than yours and you’ll _____________.
- 3:09 – Meet our first-time special guest, Dr Nicola Powell!!
- 4:00 – How did a science doctorate degree morph into a career in economics?!
- 5:58 – How she translate hard cold data into behavioural logic and patterns
- 8:33 – Nicola’s Money Story and what she’s telling her kids now?
- 11:50 – How did her conservative upbringing shape her money management habits?
- 13:38 – Where are we RIGHT NOW in our Property Cycle?
- 14:42 – GROWING AT $1,200 A DAY?!
- 15:00 – Is this record growth rate expected to continue?
- 15:46 – Is there any good news from the September Quarter Housing Data?
- 18:37 – Sydneysiders: Forever Renting or Cross the Borders
- 20:54 – What has the pandemic accelerated for Sydneysiders?
- 22:57 – The shift to a different property type…
- 27:13 – How did the Most Lock-downed City still have a Record Price Growth Rate?!
- 28:54 – Will the Regional Exodus Backflip?!
- 30:21 – The biggest social experiment that has proven one key thing…
- 31:15 – What’s the new buzzword of the pandemic?
- 32:07 – A little nugget on Price Growth trend!
- 33:40 – An Aging Population and Its Impact on Supply
- 36:00 – Areas where they’ll be a risk of a reversal in property price…
- 39:00 – Is APRA’s Macroprudential changes necessary to influence Demand?
- 40:53 – When will interest rates start to rise?
- 42:00 – Which of these two events will trigger the interest rate hike?
- 43:45 – (HOT) Markets around Australia with still rooms for growth!!
- 46:08 – Household size and misallocation of housing stocks in Australia…
- 47:00 – What needs to be disrupted to improve affordability?
- 48:41 – The Stamp Duty Debate: Lump sum or Annual Repayment?
- 50:17 – Surprising Find from Domain’s Submission on Housing Affordability…
- 52:00 – Residential property as an investment class to store family wealth – Yay or Nay?
And of course…
- 56:37 – A camping trailer life hack that can potentially save your relationship! 😉
- 59:09 – Ben’s quick update on RBA’s view on their Bond Program