Folks, today marks the first episode of our much anticipated 2023/24 Summer Series!
We’re extraordinarily excited to sit down with some amazing listeners and dig into their money story, explore the steps they took to build their property portfolios and ultimately unpack the intriguing question (which is also the theme of this series…)
“What does money mean to YOU?”
As our 6th Summer Series, we’re spending this season digging deep into the psyche of the investor, understanding what motivates us ultimately as humans and understanding how we can use this knowledge to bolster us on our property journeys.
To start us off, we’re welcoming an incredibly hardworking and humble guest who realised at a young age that if he wanted anything in this life, he would have to make it happen himself.
Ethan, today’s Summer Series guest, grew up with a younger brother with Down Syndrome and at just 16 years old, was diagnosed with depression. Knowing that the school teaching system wasn’t working for him, he left school shortly after.
Over the next 14 years, Ethan has completely transformed his circumstances and now owns a 5-property portfolio worth 2.3 million dollars. 🤯
Tune in to discover how he bought his first property at 18 while earning apprentice wages (He was on $6 an hour folks!), why he continues to invest in Wodonga and the benefit of having a strong network and great tenants.
Ethan was recently diagnosed with Aspergers, adding another layer to his incredible journey.
Thank you for blasting off our 2023/24 Summer Series Ethan, what a truly motivational tale that showcases the importance of hard work and highlights that young people can get onto the property ladder!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- FREE BOOK!— Make Money Simple Again
- FREE Money Management System: Moorr (the system that implements Money SMARTS for you)
- FREE BOOK – The Armchair Guide To Property Investing
- The Binge Guide – The First 20 Episodes
- 0:00 – How He Built His $2.3M Property Portfolio After Leaving School At Just 16
- 1:40 – Welcome Ethan!
- 2:39 – Money background & growing up with a brother with down syndrome
- 4:58 – The pivotal moment with Dad that transformed his world
- 8:35 – Same circumstances, two very different responses
- 10:35 – How was Ethan affected by his recent diagnosis?
- 11:40 – The life changing reason he left school
- 13:21 – Ethan’s golden advice to those who don’t thrive in the school system
- 16:09 – “You save for a house; you won’t have to pay for…”
- 17:35 – He’s NEVER used spreadsheets. Here’s how he budgeted instead.
- 18:44 – He was on $6 an hour?!?
- 19:15 – How no social media actually benefitted Ethan!
- 20:52 – How his Aspergers has helped him on his property journey
- 22:10 – The first property he bought at just 18!?
- 23:58 – Moving into his property & the wild gap year
- 26:48 – A death, using community brokers & his next property purchase
- 30:08 – Renovations and flipping properties
- 31:55 – Buying at Mortgage Auctions and the true benefit of networks!
- 33:51 – Ethan has always based his calculations on THIS…
- 34:49 – Why Ethan keeps choosing Wodonga
- 38:47 – Renovating his PPOR and his most recent property purchase
- 40:55 – The property he bought… from his neighbour?!
- 42:45 – Having great tenants (including one who’s renovated his property!)
- 45:20 – How has interest rates affected him?
- 47:19 – What does money mean to Ethan? (+ his next steps)
- 50:36 – The total value of his portfolio!
- 51:30 – Why did he decide to come onto the podcast?
- 53:02 – Relocating to Regional Towns: Benefits & Integrating into communities
- 57:13 – Thank you Ethan! What an awesome way to kick off our series! 🤗