It’s the full month after Australia’s social restrictions so… what should we expect in todays’ RBA Board meeting?
One thing for sure, the cash rate remains at 0.25% and while there isn’t too much of a surprise there, Ben is about to walk you through the THREE CRITICAL THEMES unfolding with regards to the direction, outlook and recovery of the economy; both here in Australia and globally.
Free Resources mentioned in this Update:
- Ben’s Blog on ‘Talking Up’ Property or Subject Matter Knowledge? – Property Prices in the Short Term: Read here
- RBA Economic and Financial update: https://www.rba.gov.au/speeches/2020/sp-gov-2020-04-21.html
- IMF Real GDP Growth in 2020: https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD
What’s discussed in this Update?
- Distressed Selling in Property
- What Property Type is MOST at Risk Right Now
- When Can The Economy Expect To “Bounce Back”?
- US Economic News
- Chinese Economic Activity
- Australian Politics — And What This Will Mean For Property Investors, Home Owners and First Home Buyers
- Australian Economy Update & Future Outlook
- Unemployment (where’s it sitting & where it’s looking to go…)
- Retail Sales
- What Australian Banks Are Doing Right Now
- Credit Growth & Dwelling Approvals
- What To Watch Out For In The Coming Months… (especially regarding self-isolation bans and property predictions)
This is another BIG RBA ANNOUNCEMENT with everything going on at the moment, but it’s definitely in your BEST interest to watch so you stay up-to-date with what’s currently happening!
And of course… Additional Helpful Resources on COVID-19
National Update: Click here
- Australian Capital Territory – Click here
- New South Wales – Click here
- Northern Territory – Click here
- Queensland – Click here
- South Australia – Click here
- Tasmania – Click here
- Victoria – Click here
- Western Australia – Click here
And One Final Word…
If you’re worried about your finances or if you have no clarity on your cash flow position, we strongly recommend you to organise your finances now. It’s more important than ever to have a clear view, down to the exact cent, on how much you’re spending each month and how much surplus you’ve got. If you don’t know it, then log in to your Money SMARTS Platform here and update the numbers.
Don’t have an account yet? Create your free access below and we’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is general information only and is an opinion comment by Ben Kingsley. The information contained in this video is for Australian residents only. The information does not take into account the particular investment objectives or financial situation of any potential viewer. It does not constitute, and should not be relied on as, financial or investment advice or recommendations (expressed or implied) and it should not be used as an invitation to take up any investments or investment services. No investment decision or activity should be undertaken on the basis of this information without first seeking qualified and professional advice.
The Property Couch, its employees or contractors do not represent or guarantee that the information is accurate or free from errors or omissions and therefore provide no warranties or guarantees. The Property Couch disclaims any and all duty of care in relation to the information and liability for any reliance on investment decisions, claiming the use or guidance of this publication or information contained within it.
For more information, please visit: http://thepropertycouch.com.au