Is property sliding under the pressure of continual lockdowns?!
Folks, it’s no surprise that Victoria’s extended lockdowns (and indeed lockdowns happening right across the country) are having unintended consequences to property buyers, sellers AND renters.
With Melbourne spending more days in lockdown than ANYWHERE else in the world, it begs the question: How can you buy property in a Shutdown State?!
Here to unpack all this, as well as the Winners & Losers of legislation changes, is returning guest Leah Calnan, President of Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV). Leah has served as REIV President since October 2019 and during this time has seen SIGNIFICANT disruptions and changes to the Victorian property market and Tenancy Act. She has over 24 years’ experience in property management, is the sole Director of Metro Property Management and, of course, is considered one of the industry’s most dedicated, accomplished and senior Property Management practitioners in the country.
Leah is about to give you a behind the scenes look at the stark reality of a property market Locked Down & Locked Out, including the tangible impact this has on property investors, in conjunction with the “VCAT Mess” that’s currently unfolding here in Victoria.
So, is it all doom and gloom? Is it simply Too Much For Too Long for Victorian investors? Is “The Great VIC Exit” fast-approaching?!
Listen now to learn How To Buy Property in a Shutdown State & stay informed of the impact current lockdowns are having on the broader property market.
Free Stuff Mentioned
- RBA October 2021: Lending Standards To Change?
- Episode 299 | Sell Everything And Run? Brand New Update From Leah Calnan, President of REIV
- Episode 298 | Property In A State of Disaster – Chat with Leah Calnan, President of REIV and Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group
- Episode 281 | Why The Easter Break Almost Ended in Disaster for Property Owners… and How it Was Avoided – Chat with Leah Calnan, President of REIV
- Episode 248 | Everything You Need to Know About The 138 Changes Landlords Are Facing – Chat with Hayley Mitchell
Here’s What We Cover…
- 02:13 – FYI: The dark spot on Ben’s forehead…
- 04:46 – What do you think about this Mindset Minute?!
- 06:50 – Meet Leah.
- 07:32 – The Controversial Question we just had to ask!
- 10:09 – Leah’s first property & money management story…
- 16:08 – Money Advice for teenagers!
- 17:14 – Some of the ‘highlights’ as REIV President…
- 19:15 – Winners & Losers: Legislation Changes!
- 20:01 – Will these Unintended Consequences further drive investors out of Vic?
- 21:43 – Which legislation would Leah most like to repeal?!
- 23:33 – The VCAT MESS!!
- 26:16 – Have landlords cracked down on the type of tenant they get?
- 27:42 – Has the legislation change lead to longer first term tenancies?
- 29:00 – Locked Down & Locked Out!
- 31:13 – One of the biggest challenges with Victorian lockdowns…
- 34:09 – What HAS opened up again for buyers?
- 38:32 – How agents keep potential buyers safe…
- 40:16 – Can you inspect properties in regional Vic if you live in Melbourne?
- 42:12 – Is there a “Super Saturday” coming between now and Christmas?
- 45:53 – The Best Property Management Tips!
- 48:30 – Why You Should NOT Self-Manage Your Property!
- 53:28 – How to measure your wealth!
- 55:25 – What’s Making Property News!?!
- 55:38 The Scalpel Has Landed: Macroprudential Change Is HERE!