We’re sorry to bring you Bad News while you’re on holidays.
Unfortunately, we have heard some negative talk out there and, well, we think it’s best you know. So, today’s podcast is a little on the “doom and gloom” side, we’re afraid.
We’re talking about the correction in the market. We’ve all seen the property prices in Sydney come down a bit, and we’ve all heard (perhaps too much) about the Bubble…. Is today the day it finally burst?
A longtime listener from Singapore, Saxton, left us a rather distressing voicemail message:
“I want to ask you about the article that was published by Matt Barrie the CEO of freelancer in Australia where he painted a very negative and bleak future about Australia’s future prospects and described the Australian property market as a bubble built upon a bubble, built upon a bubble; namely mining and commodities. Anyway, it’s a long article and I would love to hear your negation on some of his gloomy outlook and why property is still a good bet moving forward.”
If you’ve read the article… you’ll know it’s pretty bleak. Also what’s interesting is that Matt Barrie isn’t a property expert — note that his business has nothing to do with property — and on social media channels he is, which makes sense, an “influencer”. And influencers are good at doing just that.
But, at the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion.
More importantly, who is right?
What’s about to unfold:
- Are the conditions that precede a bubble “popping” finally here?
- What happens if the market drops 30%?
- What is money and wealth built on?
- What are the biggest banks LVR and why does this matter?
- How is Australia’s lending system differ from the rest of the world?
- Is Australia’s economic climate stable?
- What is “short selling”?
- How can you tell when an agenda is influencing an opinion?
- Why do we keep going on about supply and demand?
- What is “irrational exuberance” and why is contributing to the bad news?
- Why is now (perhaps more than ever) time to look back at your property fundamentals?
- Is interest rate the King in all of this?
- What’s the future of the Australian Property Market?
- What do you need to start telling people today?
Full disclosure: Here’s the link to the article. Please decide for yourself 🙂
P.S. Should Ben do the Life Hack from now???