And so our theme of chatting with the Presidents of the property markets across the country continues!
Here to tell us what’s happening in Bryce’s hometown (Perth 😉) and the best strategy a property investor should adopt in WA, is… Damian Collins, President of REIWA – the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia!
The last time we checked in with Damian was waaay back in Episode 73… and there’s been more than a few changes in the WA property market between then and now… plus, even more news since COVID-19 came on the scene!
A bit about today’s guest… Damian has served on the REIWA Council since 2011 and was elected President of the Institute in 2018. He’s been an active investor for over 25 years and is ALSO the Founder and Managing Director of Momentum Wealth – a Perth-based property investment consultancy. As well as all this, he’s also the Chairman of commercial property funds management business, Mair Property Funds.
We tackle the big question… Should a Buy & Hold Property Investor actually invest in Western Australia?
This one is for our WA folks… and those interested in what’s happening on the grounds in the Perth property market…
- During COVID-19
- Episode 73 | Building a property portfolio in a tough market – Chat with Damian Collins
- Episode 256 | From Gold Mine To Fool’s Gold: How This Property Investor Nearly Lost It All During The WA Mining Boom! – Chat with Rick Hockey
- Property Investors Council of Australia (PICA) – Become a Member Today
- And of course, our Free Report on the Top Tips on How To Master the Foundational PIllars in Pandemic Times! Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to your right away.
What we talk about in today’s episode…
- Who should invest in Western Australia?
- Is the Pilbara for a Buy & Hold Investor or a Buy & Sell Investor?
- What’s happened over the last six weeks?
- How will COVID-19 impact property prices?
- What’s outlined in WA’s property support package?
- What’s REIWA advocating for?
- What does Damian tell his clients right now?
- What’s the best thing a landlord should do with current tenants?
- What other agendas is REIWA fighting for?
- What are some current Property Hotspots over in Perth?
- Is the East or West preferred?
- Should you invest in units?
- Is the educational standard in the real estate industry increasing?
- What’s happening in the mining space?
And of course… Additional Helpful Resources on COVID-19
National Update: Click here
- Australian Capital Territory – Click here
- New South Wales – Click here
- Northern Territory – Click here
- Queensland – Click here
- South Australia – Click here
- Tasmania – Click here
- Victoria – Click here
- Western Australia – Click here