Now… it’s Framework Time!! The last framework that we’ve unpacked was Episode 137 on Tips for Buying in Spring so we think we are a little overdue for another one.
The topic that we’ll be chatting about today doesn’t happen all the time, of course, but it does happen: Vendors sell BEFORE they go to auction.
Have you ever wondered why??
Today, we’re exploring some of the main reasons explaining an early sell in this situation. Because if you’re selling (side note: hopefully you’ve received professional advice about this), it pays to know which tactics could be lurking around the corner for you. Of course, if you’re interested in buying property, it saves to know how to negotiate a win before the bidding has had a chance to begin!
So, is selling before auction as clear-cut as we might think?
Yep, today we’re digging into the heart of it:
- Firstly, who really wants an auction in the first place?
- What are the ‘bigger picture’ reasons to explain this exit strategy?
- Could the real estate agent be outsmarting you?
- What happens when you have limited buyer interest?
- Can you take an ‘ugly’ property to auction?
- Is a premium offer enough to make a vendor sell?
- What is the rare thing that happens more than you think?
- How does age influence an early sell?
- What do you need to look out for?
- Do you have confidence in the Australian residential property market?
- What does it take to persuade a vendor to sell to you?
P.S. Folks, we’re doing Movember this month! If you would like to support the cause that helps tackle the serious issues affecting men’s health, feel free to donate here. (Bucket loads of good karma awaits you.)
P.S.S. Want more info on PICA? Head to www.pica.asn.au