Folks, our Summer Series just wouldn’t be complete without the Titan of property investing paying a visit!!
So here to give you the insights is none other than one of Australia’s most recognised and respected Property Experts…… Margaret Lomas!
As the Director and Founder of Destiny Financial Solutions, a best-selling author of EIGHT property investment books and the host of the brand new Web TV show, My Property TV, Margaret is an active property investor, a Qualified Property Investment Advisor and is also on the board of Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA).
PLUS, you might recognise her voice from Episode 150 | Margaret Lomas: How this mother of 5 turned $80,000 into a multimillion dollar property empire!
Here’s what you can expect from today’s show…
- Margaret’s recap of the property market in 2018
- What are the consequences to come out of the Banking Royal Commission?
- How have banks’ assessment criteria changed?
- Why does it take longer to get a loan now?
- Is 2019 the year to invest in mining towns?
- What does Margaret predict might happen in 2019?
- What conversations was Margaret having with her clients in late 2018?
- What do you always need to remember with investing?
- How does a higher yield affect borrowing power?
- Why do you need to be careful of really high yields?
- What were the main themes and questions coming through last year?
- How can you invest strategically?
- How can you spot a “Recession-Proof” area?
- Which areas are affected by a downturn first?
- Should you be investing in “high end” properties?
- What are some risks with “low end” properties?
- What price range does Margaret think is suitable for an investment property?
- Why did Margaret get criticised for the types of property she chose to buy?
- Where was Margaret buying when she first started investing?
- What are the possible themes we will see emerging in 2019?
- How certain is Margaret Lomas that negative gearing will be abolished?
- Can you still invest without negative gearing?
- What did Margaret discover when she ran a test on the cost of negative gearing?
- What time frame can you expect to claim the majority of your losses?
- How long does a property investor normally negatively gear their property for?
- What generally happens at the 15-year mark?
- Why is Margaret so adamant on investing NOW before negative gearing is scrapped?
- What else do you need to know about investing in 2019?
Missed earlier episodes in The Summer Series?
P.S. Don’t forget,
This 80-odd page document is the vault containing all the foundational tips and insights you need to be a successful investor.
Want a Free Copy of The Golden Highlights? You can get it here.