What is Strata? And what are your obligations if you are considering investing in, or have already purchased, strata properties?
In this episode we’re going down the rabbit hole of Strata and Body Corporates/ Owner Corporations! Basically, it’s a “101” on The Do’s and Don’ts and Practical Tips for Strata Management… and, while this can be quite a complex topic, we have the perfect guest to explain everything you need to know… without the confusion or legal jargon getting in the way!
Today’s guest is clearly someone who knows her subject well…. Joining us is Amanda Farmer from Your Strata Property! Amanda is a specialist strata lawyer with over 16 years’ experience in strata and community living. As a Fellow and Council Member of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers, she is a recognised strata expert.
This episode is a MUST for anyone who is thinking about investing in an apartment or townhouse that shares common areas… those of which are managed by a body corporate!!
Listen now to get “The Dummies Guide” to Strata Properties & Body Corporates!
Free Stuff Mentioned:
- Amanda’s Free Webinar “By-Law Boot Camp” – stratabootcamp.com
- Our New Podcast Show, “The Armchair Guide To Property Investing” HIT #1 on The Charts!
- Free Book – The Armchair Guide To Property Investing
- Leave us a Review and be in the chance to WIN our Start & Build Online Course!
Here’s A “Tip Of The Iceberg” Look At What We Cover…
- Strata & Body Corporate 101 – What is it? Who controls it? Why should you consider being ON the Body Corporate?
- How do Strata Laws Affect Your Investment Property?
- The Most Common Complaint That Occurs With Strata Properties & Body Corporates
- What is “Common Property”, anyway?!
- The Main differences of a Strata Title vs Torrens Title
- What are the Trends coming out of Body Corporates in 2020?
- The Future of Apartment Living
- What are the hidden challenges of renovating an apartment?
- Should you get a Strata Lawyer?
- Pets, Investment Properties & The New Law
- The Horror Stories of Strata Properties & “The Million Dollar Fix”
- What does GOOD strata-living look like?
- What due diligence needs to be done prior to signing a contract?
- What does Strata building insurance cover?
- Paying Body Corporate Fees – does it make the investment worth it?
- What is the definition of “Acting in good faith”?
- “The Absolute Obligation” – What are the legal protections and obligations for a Body Corp?
- Is there such a thing as “Unit Entitlement” and what does it mean if you DON’T own the penthouse?!
- Should you invest in strata properties?