Want to hear from an Expert Witness who has been observing and analysing the property market for over FIFTY years? And what if they also happen to be a highly regarded industry professional who’s literally been valuing the price of property for more than five decades…?
… you’d probably get a bucket load of invaluable intel, right?
Well, let’s put it this way… the gold from today’s guest is well worth a king’s ransom! One of our favourite episodes yet – and you’re about to hear from someone who’s property knowledge is off the charts and who, let’s face it, we’ve been admiring from afar for years!
Welcome to the couch… Scott Keck!
Scott Keck is Chairman of Charter Keck Cramer, a leading Australian independent, strategic property consulting firm. Scott has more than 50 years property valuation experience within the Melbourne market, having begun with the firm in 1968, becoming a Director in 1978, Managing Director in 1984 and Chairman in 2010. He is considered one of the best and most high-profile valuer.
He is frequently engaged as a senior negotiator in complex commercial and statutory issues related to the property market and for advice in relation to large portfolio valuations for major statutory and private corporations.
And get this… in the last eight years alone he published over 500 articles on the property market!!
So, what can we ALL learn from someone who’s been in the market before we were even born???
- [Scott’s Article] Residential Outlook – Post COVID-19
- Research Discussion Paper: How Risky is Australian Household Debt
- Free Physical Book – The Armchair Guide to Property Investing (just pay for postage)
- Free Book & Free Portal Access: www.makemoneysimpleagain.com.au
Here’s What We Cover…
(FYI: so much! This is practically a property masterclass 🙌)
- So… what does someone who has over fifty years’ experience have to say about the property market??
- Scott’s views on property as an investment
- What’s changed over the decades? (Design styles, construction materials, floorplans, the use of space etc, the urban sprawl, density etc, etc)
- What does this tell us about buyer demand?
- Very Important Observations About Humans and Property Over 50+ Years!
- What (if anything) has been consistent with the property market?
- What’s the most interesting property Scott has ever had to value?
- Post COVID-19, what does the residential property market look like?
- What would prevent/impact this from happening?
- Is it likely that people will want to continue living in capital cities moving forward?
- Why will the “four pronged strategy” to get the economy moving again influence the price of property?
- How on earth will population DOUBLE over the next 40-50 years?
- And what will the property market look like to cater for this demand?
- For investment purposes, how many bedrooms should a townhouse have?
- Why do Off The Plan’s almost always outperform?
- A deep dive into Off The Plan numbers: Why you’re in trouble before the house is even built!
- What will the future of Melbourne look like? And will this now change with COVID-19?
“For every two people that come we need a new dwelling” – Scott Keck