There are many factors at play when looking for an investment property, but did you know there’s actually a science behind selecting assets?
Yep that’s right folks! This science is called: The Buyers Decision Quadrant!
It’s made up of…
- Land proportion
- Quality of Dwelling
We’ll explain what each one means, and while the concept is quite simple, the real achievement is understanding which part of the quadrant you are willing to compromise on and which is non-negotiable.
We’re also looking at some great case studies (one of which was a fictional case study…until this case study rang up Bryce to share her almost exact financial and personal story!!)…
And comparing 1970s and 1990s apartments, and which one has fared better over time!
Folks, it is rare for an investment property to tick all the boxes, and most of the time, you will need to journey through the Buyers Decision Quadrant to make the right decision for you!
So keep this episode on repeat ‘cos we think this one will help with making those hard decisions again and again!
Also, The Property Couch is hoping to get nominated for the Investor’s Choice Award 2015 for the category: Property Educator/Mentor. We would like to spread the word out on the podcast so that we can help more people avoid making bad investment choices and avoid buying the wrong asset. So if you think we are doing a good job, please do nominate us here.
Name of the Organisation: The Property Couch
Name of the Person you deal with: Bryce Holdaway and Ben Kingsley
Suburb: North Melbourne
Phone number: 03 9326 8900
Email address: [email protected]
Free Stuff Mentioned:
- Just starting your property investing journey? Check out our FREE Binge Guide to the Foundations of Property, Finance and Money Management, which show you which episodes you need to understand the basics! Or fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.
- Check out Bryce’s article “Earn $2500 A Week at Retirement” which was featured in Money Magazine.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 2:08 – What is the Buyers Decision Quadrant?
- 3:00 – Quadrant #1
- 5:25 – Quadrant #2
- 6:17 – How THIS can make up for the selecting the wrong property
- 9:25 – Listen to this cookbook analogy (Pure gold!)
- 11:50 – How Bryce’s fictional case study became non-fiction
- 13:53 – Quadrant #3
- 15:04 – Quadrant #4
- 15:22 – A real example: Family with 2 young kids
- 16:22 – The future of the Australian property market!
- 17:07 – Ask yourselves these questions before buying…
- 18:50 – Do you want to be an active or passive investor?
- 20:06 – Comparing 1970s and 1990s apartments
- 23:45 – If you’re checking out our podcast on our website…