No one wants their most expensive decision to be fumbled, delayed or up-in-the-air come D-day… so today, folks, we’re giving you the settlement solutions BEFORE you need them!
And it’s a little bit like taking a peek into a future that’s just around the corner.
How do we know? Well, joining us today is Lisa Dowie, Chief Customer Officer at Property Exchange Australia Ltd (PEXA), Australia’s online settlement platform. No, she didn’t arrive by a hovercraft or drop in via teleportation, BUT, yes, she’s talking about the digital future in settlements that’s here (and in use) right now and WILL take over the simple A4 paper and pen in less time than you think.
Think digital signatures. Think e-Conveyancing. Think transfer of titles in minutes, not to and froing between your conveyancer, mortgage broker, lender and everyone else involved in making that property officially yours.
In a nutshell: the online property exchange network lets us lodge documents with Lands Registries and complete financial sentiments ELECTRONICALLY. Yep: PEXA is property transactions through the wonder waves of tech territory!
So we’ve got Lisa on to tell you the latest and greatest in property — like what specifics you need to know for a smoother settlement process, why buyers and sellers need to welcome the digital shift and, let’s be honest folks, WHEN all this is seriously going to rock the boat.
But before we tell you what you’ll get out of today’s knowledge-packed segment … we have a huge big announcement. Yep. Huge and Big.
WE’RE DOING A LIVE PODCAST IN MELBOURNE!!!!
It’s true, folks! Our tribe of listeners who came to our Sydney Live a couple of weeks ago enjoyed hearing us ramble on about property investing SO much we thought, hey, we’ve gotta be fair to our hometown of listeners!
Our Live Podcast in Melbourne is happening on Thursday, July 5th at 6:15 pm – 9.30pm. We’ve even dedicated time on the night to have a chat with you, hear your story and give you a high five before we give you some red hot property, finance and money management tips!
Huge Big Announcement over and out! So, back to today’s show.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Where exactly is property investing heading with the digital age?
- How did digital e-conveyancing come about in Australia?
- Which states are involved in this tech shift right now?
- How is e-conveyancing more efficient for you, anyway?
- How many failed settlements happen because of delays with paper forms?
- How many digital property transactions are taking place now?
… or last month in May, say?
- What date can we expect ALL transactions to be in digital form?
- Does title theft happen?
- What’s the benefit for the vendor?
- What’s the benefit for the purchaser?
- Should you ask property professionals if they use PEXA? Why?
- What’s the app, SettleMe?
- What’s happening to land title reservations?
- What else is new in the tech space?