The final part of our mini-series: “The Step-By-Step Process To Win In A HOT Property Market” has landed!
Just in case you missed it…
LAST TWO WEEKS ON THE PROPERTY COUCH..
- Episode 326 was all about The SEARCH for the property and The DUE-DILIGENCE around the search and the finance (lending) for that property!
- Episode 325 was about GETTING STARTED! Nailing the brief, how to get your FINANCE ready,
And this week is all about…..
MAKING AN IRRESISTABLE OFFER!
Doesn’t matter if it’s an offer prior to auction, post auction or even a ZOOM auction…
We’ll be sharing practical, real-life and tested tips and tactics on setting your offer limit, the tone of voice to use, replies to common agent feedback, body language and more!
And of course…. What happens after the offer gets accepted?! If you think that you’ve signed on the dotted line and that’s it, you couldn’t be more wrong.
It’s not over until the keys to the property are in your hands and you can officially walk in without being considered a “trespasser” ….
We’ll be unpacking the mistakes, the last minute paperwork, the forgotten things and the follow-ups that a diligent buyer needs to do after signing the contract because let’s face it…. You’ve done so well to secure a property, you DO NOT want to stuff up the final leg.
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- (AUDIOBOOK) The Armchair Guide to Property Investing now available on Audible & other audiobook platforms! And you can also get it at a discount here.
- Real Estate Agent Series – Listen here
Here’s What We Cover…
- 9:42 – The FOUR overarching themes to be in a position of making an offer in this seller’s market
- 10:31 – One thing that you DO NOT WANT TO COMPROMISE ON at all to get the property
- 13:43 – In a HOT Market, you may need to make THIS decision before you even inspect the property. But are you in the right headspace to do that?
- 15:47 – The due diligence that you can do on the property BEFORE the open day
- 16:49 – How quick should you really go if the property is the one?
- 18:34 – If 6 months comparables are considered “old data” in this market… how do you even set a price or work out your offer/stretch?
- 19:05 – The three price levels that you need to know when buying a property
- 22:10 – What questions can you ask a competing (but friendly) agent who lost that listing?
- 23:50 – Two professionals in your A-Team that needs to be on standby before you go to an open
- 25:00 – Critical, Important and Nice-To-Haves in a contract – Which ones are worth taking a risk for?
- 32:13 – Offer Prior to Auction – How to get one and be ready for it?
- 32:30 – Boardroom auction – Is it still common these days and what’s the mystery behind it?
- 36:13 – The real boss during an auction and what role you want to play to make sure you are in their favour?
- 37:34 – Zoom Auction – Getting the art of body language right! (Yes, even if it’s online!)
- 40:54 – Ben’s real-life story of losing the auction but still winning the property!
- 43:23 – Making an Informal vs Formal Offer in current market prices
- 43:51 – Top 3 questions to ask a RE Agent during an inspection to show that you’re in the game
- 44:50 – The NUMBER ONE question to ask yourself when it comes to setting a price..
- 45:47 – Your script to the real estate agent >> “I’m not asking what they’re offering, of course you’re not going to disclose that to me. But ultimately what I am saying here are two things. One, if you ______”
- 48:32 – The CONDITIONS that you should include in a seller’s market to give you an added advantage 😉
- 50:15 – The Competitive Tension of NOT being Conservative vs Legitimate.
- 50:50 – Having THIS productive conversation with your broker and how to explain the nature of a hot market to them
- 52:26 – The exact questions you should ask your investment savvy broker and understanding the pros and cons of the different buying ranges
- 54:53 – When is it alright for you to jump up the risk spectrum?
- 56:55 – THIS is not an escape clause. Don’t dance with the devil thinking you can use it.
- 58:09 – Tips on taking away the vendor’s pain
- 1:00:57 – Settlement – how to make sure it does not fall over?
- 1:00:57 – Bryce’s (or rather Adit’s) Apple Lifehack!
- 1:08:23 – Ben’s What’s Making Property News on times when the Property Market went “crazy”