When it comes to the current property market… WHERE is the Profit being made? And, just as importantly, WHERE are the Losses happening?
‘Cos let’s be honest folks… it’s been quite the year indeed!! But it looks like we’ve finally reached a turning point in the market…
So, here to discuss the latest housing trends and data coming out from the property market is a very, very special guest and someone who definitely knows her stuff when it comes to property, economics and a big issue almost all first homebuyers face… something called “housing affordability”!
Introducing today’s huge guest… Eliza Owen is Head of Australian Research at CoreLogic! She has a first class honours degree in economics from the University of Sydney and has been a regular economic commentator on FBI Radio and guest speaker on Triple J’s Hack, 702 ABC Radio, Sky News and TEDxSydney! Not to mention, she’s also provided comment for many media outlets including The Guardian Australia, the Australian Financial Review, Pedestrian TV, the Daily Telegraph and plenty more!
PLUS, on top of her first-class knowledge bank, guess what Eliza’s also brought with her today?!
… Nonother than CoreLogic’s most recent Pain & Gain Report – that is, the Quarterly Report that unpacks (in a whole lot of detail!) how different properties, regions and cities are performing across the country. Yep… this includes exactly WHERE the profit and loss is occurring!
So, ready to dive in?!
Listen now to get the latest insights into the Australian property market, including where there’s “Pain” and “Gain”… AND get the tour into The Wealth Effect and The Housing Affordability Debate!
P.S. The Pies got slammed last week. Poor Ben. (kinda)
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Pain & Gain – CoreLogic Quarterly Report, June 2020
- CoreLogic Free & Paid Reports – http://www.corelogic.com.au/
- Eliza’s TED Talk: Housing Affordability – Win The Argument
- Free Book – The Armchair Guide to Property Investing
- Free eBook – Make Money Simple Again
- We’re Hiring! – Buyers Agent and Associate Buyers Agent roles now available!
- Summer Series – Want to be a guest?! Just fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with you! 🙂
Here’s a bit of what we cover…
- What is The Wealth Effect?
- Do we have a housing affordability issue?
- How did Eliza begin her career as an economist in property?
- Key Housing Trending reveal where the property market is going!
- Fair value vs Market Value
- Housing Accessibility vs Housing Affordability
- The Deposit Hurdle: How can we help first home buyers get on the market?
- What are the Capital Gains Tax changes with Granny Flats?
- What was CoreLogic’s initial reaction to COVID-19?
- Who are the Winners and Losers in the apartment market?
- Why doesn’t property exist in a “vacuum”?
- Why doesn’t property get big “market shocks” like shares?
- Does High Unemployment actually lead to Higher Property Prices?!
- For every 1% drop in the cash rate, how much do properties tend to grow in value?
- Where can property investors go to get quality research insights?
- What should property investors measure to understand the market?
- Will The 2020’s Prove To Be The Best Decade in History For Property?!
- What is the data saying about regional markets?
- Are vendors more confident in selling now?
- What is RBA looking for in order to increase the Cash Rate?