What will a post-covid-Australia world look like? 🌎
What trends can be predicted with Australia’s greatest migration in history currently ongoing? And yet, why is today’s skill shortage here to stay?
Meanwhile, in property, why do we think we’re headed towards the roaring 30s and 40s?
Folks this is just a SNIPPET of the questions we’re asking our favourite German-accented data expert. Can you guess who it is?? 😉
(And if you didn’t know, The Demographics Group is led by Bernard Salt, one of Australia’s most sought-after social commentators! Simon not only works with this legend but is a rising star globally himself, renowned in the field of data management and insight.)
In this episode, we’re covering TONS of ground from Australia’s superpower (and how it’s changed throughout COVID) to the ONE THING we’re not willing to compromise on with property.
Plus, if you want to discover how intergenerational wealth and the commuter belt are highly interrelated or why office culture matters to property, tune into today’s insightful and motivational episode now! 😊
Free Stuff Mentioned
Listen to the episodes mentioned today!
- Simon Kuestenmacher:
- Bernard Salt:
- Mark McCrindle:
(NOT FREE) Check out Simon’s new book which comes out in October! Transform the way you see and understand storytelling through Marvellous Maps!
- 0:00 – The incoming data dump!
- 4:07 – Mindset Minute – The 7 Disciplines you should focus our energies on
- 11:25 – Welcome back, Simon!
- 12:25 – What happened last time Simon was on the couch…
- 14:50 – The RBA is fighting an uphill battle
- 19:07 – Here’s what the RBA SHOULD be doing!
- 22:21 – Did the RBA make the right decision? (+ what we’re seeing now)
- 25:36 – Australia & The Tyranny of Distance
- 27:31 – The highest net migration in history?!
- 30:05 – Where we are headed in the next 65 years
- 34:07 – The Missing Middle
- 35:55 – Human behaviour and the power of Medium Density
- 42:14 – The skill shortage is here to stay…
- 43:47 – Australians are NOT willing to compromise on this 🤪
- 47:19 – How has home ownership changed over the years?
- 52:41 – Why unemployment and AI is actually good?!
- 54:46 – How office culture impacts the demand for property
- 1:04:25 – The link between the commuter belt & intergenerational wealth transfer
- 1:05:16 – The Wealth-on-Wealth Effect
- 1:10:55 – Future trends & embracing change
- 1:14:22 – Simon’s Marvellous Maps!
- 1:15:57 – What can we expect from the 2030s?
- 1:21:10 – Phew! Thank you Simon
- 1:26:55 – Lifehack: Demographics gives you an edge. Here’s how you can find out more!
- 1:28:47 – What’s Making Property News? The thousands of millions of dollars coming through…