Folks, let’s just come right out and say it… getting a Building and Pest Inspection is very, very important if you’re going to buy a property. So much so that we’d go as far as to use the word “vital”. Yep, this is true for both homeowners and investors!!
So, we think it’s in your BEST interests to listen to what today’s guest, Andrew-Mackie Smith, Principal Consultant of BuildingPro (Building and Pest Reports) and author of Building Success: Why Property Investors Need Building Inspections has to say about it.
Here’s why he’s the guest qualified to give you these tips:
- He’s personally carried out over 12,500 Building and Pest Inspections
- He’s qualifications are legendary — Andrew is a licensed builder, building inspector, pest inspector and holds qualifications as a building surveyor, scaffolding inspector, timber stores greater, real estate agent and pest manager
- He’s a sought-after speaker to provide expert advice, specifically (but not exclusively) aimed at helping property investors.
We’re absolutely sure you’ll get a bag full of golden nuggets to take away from this one folks!!!
Oh, and guess what, folks?? It’s that time of the year!
Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA) would like your input in this year’s Property Investor Sentiment Survey!
It should take less than 10 minutes to complete, and your feedback is really important to reveal the mood, confidence and key trends underlying the Australian property investment market (yep, that also includes your thoughts on the current lending environment).
And before we jump into what you’ll learn from Andrew Mackie-Smith, just a quick shout out to a few free resources:
- Data Dive! Click here to download Ben’s Data Dive on Better Price Point, Better Location and Better Returns and we’ll send it to your email right away.
- Pre-Building Checklist – Click here to fill it in
- We’re coming to Sydney’s Property Buyer Expo next weekend (7 – 9 September 2018)! BOOK your free ticket here and use this discount code: COUCH
Similar to Melbourne’s Expo, we’ll be presenting a First Home Buyer/First Time Investor MASTERCLASS Live!!
When: 10 AM SATURDAY 8th of September
Where: International Convention Centre, Sydney
Cost: FREE for TPC Listeners!
PLUS, Ben’s also doing his own presentation on Sunday @ 1:00PM – How to Achieve Financial Peace with 5 Properties or Less!
Back to today’s show.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What’s Andrew’s 3 Steps of Building Success?
- When should you conduct a building and pest inspection?
- What do you need to do after you get a building and pest inspection?
- What do you need to look for in a building inspector?
- What are the immediate things an inspector looks out for?
- Why is it a good idea to walk around the entire property? What should you look for?
- What should you look for inside the property?
- What tips can first home buyers/investors use to work out the difference between major and minor issues?
- What must you pay close attention to in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry and toilet?
- Why do you still need a building and pest inspection on brand new properties?
- What DON’T most people know about inspecting paint work on a property?
- What are the legal requirements of the property, like the height of deck railing and balistrates?
- What are the “tools of the trade” of a building and pest inspector that go beyond DIY Tools?
- What CAN’T a thermal camera pick up?
- How can you increase tenant safety to get great tenants and reduce your liability as a landlord?
- Why do you need to be careful of buying a property near the beach?
- How should you treat termites?
- What are the top things a professional building and pest inspector looks at?
- Would Andrew buy in the flood zones of Brisbane property market right now?
- What are some funny stories Andrew has witnessed?