Property is a game of finance just as much as it is a game of bricks and mortar. But what happens when this bricks and mortar – and the cost to put it all together – starts to cost too much?!
Today we’re addressing the complex and fast-growing issue of Australia’s building crisis. 🤯
From rising labour costs to widespread material shortages, we’ll be exploring why the industry has ended up in its current state, when we can expect things to “normalise”, and answering the BIG question…
Should you delay building?! And if you’re already building….what should you do to ensure the best results?!
Plus, we’ve got a super-awesome returning guest to help us out…
Please welcome back Paul Baker, Director of Inside Out Property Inspections, qualified Carpenter and Registered Builder Practitioner with the Victorian Building Authority! A man of many trades, Paul also holds a Pest Control License with many years of experience inspecting residential homes….
Basically, he’s THE man for turning the building industry inside out and giving you an expert guide to building and renovating today. Give it a listen now!
P.S. Fun Fact! Last time Paul was on the couch, it was aalll the way back in Episode 45 😮 and it was also and our first episode of 2016!!
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Leave us a Question on our SpeakPipe! Click here to send us your questions.
- UPDATED Free Money Management Platform: Check out Moorr, our Lifestyle By Design platform that’ll transform the way you view and control your finances.
- Save the date! The Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA) is holding its 2022 Annual General Meeting! Click here for more details.
- Looking for a Qualified Pre-Purchase Building Inspector? Check out Paul’s specialised and extremely experienced business Inside Out Property Inspections!
- Read realestate.com’s article on What it’ll cost you to live in Australia’s most expensive suburbs here. (From Ben’s “What’s Making Property News”)
- Listen to Tim Ferriss’ Podcast, Episode #361: Jim Collins — A Rare Interview with a Reclusive Polymath here (Referenced in Bryce’s Lifehack!)
- Other Episodes Mentioned:
Want to work with Bryce & Ben’s Award-Winning Team?
- a roadmap to $2k per week passive income? >> Start a conversation with our Qualified Property Investment Advisors…
- buying an investment-grade property in an investment-grade suburb? >> Start a conversation with our independent and experienced Buyers Agents…
- set up or review of your borrowing strategy? >> Start a conversation with our Investment Savvy Mortgage Brokers…
- your defence implementation? >> Start a conversation with our Financial Planners…
- maximising your tax refund? >> Start a conversation with our Investment Savvy Tax Accountants…
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 0:00 – The Gold Today
- 1:50 – Put this in your diaries: PIPA’s 2022 Annual General Meeting!
- 3:34 – Our TPC Re-Edition of this ad…
- 5:30 – Meet Paul Baker!
- 7:58 – What are we seeing in the Building Industry today?
- 10:02 – Why builders are taking on more of the costs….
- 12:32 – Fixed Price vs. Cost Plus Contracts: What’s the ratio in the market today?
- 16:20 – Are we overcoming COVID’s supply shortage?!?
- 18:48 – Upcoming Trends: Material substitutes and modular builds
- 20:48 – For folks halfway through building, how can they increase their chances of a successful build completion?
- 23:37 – What Building Insurance should you get and who does what??
- 26:26 – The Grey Area: Handing over projects between builders
- 28:03 – Is NOW a good time to be building or renovating?!
- 31:48 – A Builders POV: What it’s like having multiple projects on-the-go…
- 33:50 – How can we solve Australia’s Building Crisis?
- 34:09 – “Good staff is your business…”
- 36:11 – How do different-sized businesses “compete”?
- 40:39 – The Material Shortage Story: How are builders overcoming it??
- 43:05 – What was it like having Ben as a client? 😉
- 44:10 – What trends has Paul seen over the past 12 months?
- 47:24 – This is actually the best time for….
- 51:04 – What should you be asking to verify a Building Inspector?
- 53:20 – Ben’s BIG Tip for Beginners!
- 58:37 – Consumption vs. Learning: What’s the critical difference??
- 1:00:05 – This is what Ben & Bryce do to IMPLEMENT what they’ve learned!
- 1:04:02 – What does it cost you to live in Australia’s most expensive suburbs?
- 1:05:28 – Australia’s top #10 most expensive suburbs!