Today’s episode is special guest day and joining Bryce Holdaway and Ben Kingsley is Australia’s leading property analyst and CoreLogic’s Director of Research, Tim Lawless, who will discuss the future of each state in Australia. Following on from last week’s episode of President-Elect, Donald Trump and the uncertainty his win will have on the market; Bryce, Ben and Tim move on to discuss what the positives to follow are due to the presidential win, even though it’s is still early days.
So in today’s episode, the main areas these three will be talking about are:
- Tim’s backstory and experience as a property analyst and how he got to where he is today
- CoreLogic and research methodologies for the monthly reports
- The potential risk if interest rates rise in Melbourne and Sydney
- Wealth bases for Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Darwin
- What the government needs to do to help and stimulate employment for those states that are in decline
- Trends in population and what this means for Australian property market
- The uncertainty of Trump’s win and how this has affected the market and what potential effects are to follow
We hope you enjoy this latest post and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matters brought up…even if it is a response to their thoughts on Kim Kardashian or Kanye West running for the next US election!
And here’s the reports mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Monthly Housing and Economic Chart Pack – Download here
If you like this podcast: “Future of the Australian Property Market Post Donald Trump – Chat with Tim Lawless”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://tpcaustralia.wpengine.com/topics/