“Property in a state of disaster.” Yep. You heard it here first, folks…
And there’s no doubt we’re literally making property news with this timely, “double header” episode featuring two of the brightest minds in Australian real estate… (and, no, this breaking news is not “hot off the press”, either… we actually interviewed one of today’s guests BEFORE the press even got to them!! 😲)
Here’s the deal…
With Stage 4 restrictions now here in Metropolitan Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions all across Victoria… the property market HAS been impacted as a result…
So, not only are we getting the update from the National Representative of Victoria, Leah Calnan, President of Real Estate Institute of Victoria about what we CAN and CAN’T do when it comes to property here in VIC, you’re also going to learn how (and if it’s even possible!) to transact property with these harsh restrictions now in place… and what the next six weeks is potentially going to look like for Buyers, Sellers and Renters.
PLUS, for our folks NOT located in or looking to buy in Victoria right now… our longstanding friend and indeed one of Australia’s best property and economic experts Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group, also joins us for a deep dive on what’s currently happening in the individual segments of the Australian property market, including…
It’s a BIG ep… but we promise there’s plenty of new updates and quality gold in here that we simply couldn’t NOT share with you! (Let’s just say there’s A LOT happening!!!)
- REIV – COVID-19 Updates
- REIV Facebook Group – Managing Real Estate During The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Property Market Update: Canberra’s Future Looks Bright
- Nerida’s Article: New data shows how perceptions of property shifted over COVID-19
- Revenge Spending: Can It Help Save Retail Property?
- (Free Webinar) Property Buying Insights with Victoria Morgan – Log into your PICA account here
- Ben’s RBA Announcement: RBA August 2020 – Victoria’s Lockdown Slows The Speed Of Recovery & The Air Is Colder Up High
- Episode 281 | Why The Easter Break Almost Ended in Disaster for Property Owners… and How it Was Avoided – Chat with Leah Calnan, President of REIV
- PIPA Sentiment Survey 2020 – Share your voice here
Here’s A Glimpse Into What We Cover…
- Pandemic Brings New Rules For The Victorian Property Market… And They’re Not Great
- How can you transact real estate in Victoria?
- What are the unintended consequences of these harsh restrictions?
- What does Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) think about all this?!
- How many known cases of COVID-19 have come from the real estate industry?
- Can you still get a new tenant in with these new laws?
- What about cleaning? Building and Pest Inspections? Pre and Post Settlement?
- How is Nerida navigating the outlook of the property market when things are uncertain and constantly changing?
- The September Cliff versus The September Slope
- Where are we seeing distressed markets?
- How many distressed sales are we seeing?
- What’s likely to occur if the pandemic continues into 2021?
- What is the Pilot Program and Why has it now been derailed?
- Are investors buying right now?
- What’s happening to premium property?
- What are we seeing in the CBD and how will this continue to play out?
- What on earth is “Revenge Spending” and how will this play a role in getting us through COVID-19?
- Are predictions of 20 – 30% drops in the property market still relevant?
- Around The Grounds in The Australian Property Market
One Final Word…
If you’re worried about your finances or if you have no clarity on your cash flow position, we strongly recommend you to organise your finances now. It’s more important than ever to have a clear view, down to the exact cent, on how much you’re spending each month and how much surplus you’ve got. If you don’t know it, then log in to your Money SMARTS Platform here and update the numbers.
Don’t have an account yet? Create your free access below and we’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.