Well, folks — Australia’s officially had their say after Saturday’s voting spree… and The Coalition are holding tight on their power for another term! Which surprised a lot of us. BUT there is a silver lining…
… Negative Gearing has survived another day!!
Which basically means… NO dumb policy is about to cripple the property market any time soon!!
But the question remains… what are we in for now??
Joining us today is Angie Zigomanis, Senior Manager at BIS Oxford Economics and he’s got his binoculars pointing to the horizon… because the data he’s been scrutinising is exposing a LOT about what we’re about the see unfold in the property market!
The big picture??
Off the Plan properties…. !!!
Resources mentioned in today’s show:
- The Perils of Buying Off the Plan article
- QBE Australian Housing Outlook forecast report from Angie and his team
Here’s what you’re in for…
- Our election stories: how’d we get the news?
- Where does BIS Oxford Economics sit in the economic arena?
- And how many different countries do they analyse?
- What did they discover about negative gearing changes prior to the election?
- What happened to the stock market AFTER the election?
- What’s likely to happen with business confidence as a result?
- How is the First Home Buyers Deposit going to affect the property market?
- What’s happening with construction?
- Will we start to see economic growth?
- How likely is it that the RBA is going to DROP their cash rate next month?
- What did Governor Phillip Lowe state in his press conference on Tuesday?
- What have APRA done with their assessment rate?
- What’s the latest with the US/China Trade Talks?
- How might the Australian economy be affected by this?
- PERILS OF OFF THE PLAN: What is the data revealing about Off the Plan Properties?
- In Melbourne alone, how many were sold at a loss?
- Who is most likely to be the second buyer of Off the Plan properties?
- What may happen to developments in future?