If we could go back and invest in property all over again, what would we do differently?!
Well, for one, Bryce probably would’ve have bought a Harley Davidson!! (Yep)
Folks, this is exactly the stuff we’re unpacking today – the Top 10 Tips we’d tell our “20-something” year-old selves BEFORE we purchased our first property!
To give you an idea… Ben purchased his first property at 23 & Bryce at 24. So, if we fast forward a couple of decades to where we are now – two of Australia’s leading property experts, each with a multimillion-dollar property portfolio — what would we go back in time and tell ourselves? ‘Cos, let’s be real, it was anything but a “walk in the park” – and we both made some really stupid and regretful decisions to get where we are now! And we’re sharing these, ahh, “rookie errors” with you so you can AVOID them yourself … or — if like us, you didn’t know you were doing the wrong thing – help you course-correct quickly!!
And folks,… we’re NOT proud of how we’ve learnt some of these tips. Sure, some of us have to “learn things the hard way” and, while it’s all “part of our journey”… we really suggest you learn from our “if only we knew this…”!
Almost always, wealth creation (or any success for that matter) comes from modelling those who’ve achieved the results you’re after… but here’s another bonus tip… wealth creation (or any success for that matter) comes much easier when you learn about the mistakes SECOND-HAND 😉
Enjoy the Top 10 Tips — we’re super excited to share these with you, even we feel a bit vulnerable doing it!
As Ben mentions, if you’re a property professional keen to showcase the coalface of the property market so folks out there can see that, yep, the property market IS still alive and happening, simply update your photos on socials and use the hashtag #OZPropertyALIVE (feel free to tag us too… especially if you want our eyeballs on it!)
And remember, leave us a star-rating and review of ANY kind here for your chance to win FREE ACCESS to our brand new online course, Start&Build! (we’d obviously prefer 5-stars, but if that’s not how you feel about us, no worries!)
Congratulations to this week’s winners: Kim Schultze and Jarryd Hennequin! Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your free course!
- PICA COVID-19 Sentiment Survey (closes soon) —https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PIPAPICA
- Last Week’s Free PDF: COVID19 Property Risk Regions– Property markets most at risk due to COVID unemployment
- Get a Free Copy of Make Money Simple Again — makemoneysimpleagain.com.au
- Get a Free Copy of The Armchair Guide to Property Investing —http://www.thearmchairguide.com.au/
- Full Summary of our First 20 Episodes — https://thepropertycouch.com.au/tpc20/
“What’s Making Property News” Links
- Nerida’s Article on What’s Happening in Sydney
- ABC’s interview with Matt Coymn, CEO of CBA
- PCA’s 7- Point Plan For Economic Recovery
- The Australian Article on Immigration
What we Cover in Today’s Episode…
- The Top 10 Tips We’d Tell Our 20-Something-Year-Old Selves BEFORE We Purchased Our First Property!
- Where can you buy if you can’t afford to purchase in the 10-15km CBD radius?
- What did our “messy middle” look and feel like?
- Tips For Investing in the Share Market
- The story of how Ben nearly bought Off the Plan (!)
- Where can you get the GREATEST returns?
- The One Thing You Need To Change About Your Money Habits (that Bryce wish he knew early!)
- Bryce’s “OMG, I can’t believe I did THAT!” story…
- How much did Bryce pay for his first property?
- Ben’s biggest regret…
- How do you know if you’re investing passively?
- “Biting off more than he could chew”: Property Development
- Our Embarrassing True Stories: What was money like in our own lives?
- The link between immigration and property prices (and why you should REALLY care about it!)
And of course..
If you’re worried about your finances or if you have no clarity on your cash flow position, we strongly recommend you to organise your finances now. It’s more important than ever to have a clear view, down to the exact cent, on how much you’re spending each month and how much surplus you’ve got. If you don’t know it, then log in to your Money SMARTS Platform here and update the numbers.
Don’t have an account yet? Create your free access below and we’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.