Folks, there are some stories that are just meant to be told… and listener Fiona Bengtsson DEFINITELY lives one of these stories!
Here’s the plot line…
Fiona, a teacher by trade, and her husband Andreas, a tradie, had three kids and a small business when things started to go pear-shaped. With their company growing faster than it could fund itself, Fiona and Andrea began feeding their OWN money into the company, hoping the return would pay off. Instead, what happened was this…
They borrowed money to pay off borrowed money. They dug into the gut of their personal finances and entered a debt spiral so out-of-control that Fiona actually stopped sleeping at night. The stress and the embarrassment entered their family home, took up the space in the pantry where the groceries (which they could no longer afford) sat… and the pressure of it all silenced the real conversations between family, friends and, even worse… each other.
Rock bottom was their reality.
BUT — as Fiona is bravely about to share with us — in several years they ended up flipping this debt-spiral on its head, revamped their financial situation and are now ON TOP.
The question is… how on earth did they recover from very-near bankruptcy???
Here’s the gold…
- What’s the #1 thing you should do if you’re in a debt spiral?
- Is it possible to remove yourself from the debt story?
- How did Fiona cope with the stress?
- What did “rock bottom” really look like for Fiona?
- At the peak of their debt crisis, how much debt were they in?
- What does their financial story look like now?
- How did this transformation happen?
- Why was education SO important in all this?
- What EXACT steps did Fiona take to help change her position?
- How long did this process take?
- Why invest in property?
- What can you do if you can’t afford to invest in property?
- How do joint ventures help get you on the ladder?
- What helps keep get the momentum going?
- How can you create a winning property investor’s mindset?
- What are the differences between investing in New Zealand and Australia?
- How did Bryce’s Mindset Minutes help? 😉
- Why do mindset, confidence, motivation “feed each other”?
- Why is it so important to have both partners on board?
- What helps get partners back on “the same page”?
- How can you renovate for profit?
- What was the first property Fiona invested in?
- How much profit did Fiona make?
- How have they renovated 11 properties in such a short amount of time?
- What’s the end goal?
- What does Fiona want to share?’
- How can you trap your surplus cash?
Struggling with your own cash flow? Manage your own money better with our Money SMARTS Portal here.
Alternatively, this episode can also help — CLICK HERE for Tips on Getting Rid of Bad Debt and Learn How To Trap Your Surplus Cash
Missed earlier episodes in The Summer Series?
P.S. Don’t forget,
This 80-odd page document is the vault containing all the foundational tips and insights you need to be a successful investor.
Want a Free Copy of The Golden Highlights? You can get it here.