Did you know that one of the main reasons relationships breakdown is actually due to… Money??!
Yep. Finance places a lot of pressure on couples, and indeed families… so is it possible to build wealth AND maintain a wholesome and happy relationship with your significant other? Further to that, folks… how exactly can we get “on the same page” with our partners when it comes to money WITHOUT it ending in an argument neither of us really want to have?
Well, this is where today’s episode comes in… joining us is Joanne Wilson, The Relationship Rejuvenator and author of Renovate Your Relationship – All The DIY Tools For Your Most Important Project. Jo is a neuropsychotherapist and relationship expert with over 10 years’ experience helping individuals and couples improve their lives and relationships. And, as you can imagine, she’s definitely seen her fair share of couples struggling over money matters!
In fact, Jo’s picked up on The Top 5 Money Derailers in Relationships – including the “3 Corrosive C’s” that’ll destroy any committed couple! And she’s here to tell us exactly how couples can overcome these and instead look forward to a financially rewarding future… together!
So… what’s happening at the coalface of the consult room??
Strap yourselves in folks, ‘cos we’re about to have the hard conversation almost all of us need to hear!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Jo’s Book – Renovate Your Relationships
- Check out the Three New Features to our MyWealth Portal!
- Summer Series – Want to be a guest?!Just fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with you!
- We’re Hiring! – Buyers Agent and Associate Buyers Agent roles now available!
- Send us a Voicemail Message (SpeakPipe) here
Here’s a bit of what we cover in today’s episode…
- How exactly does money affect relationships?
- The Top 5 Derailers in Relationships!
- What are the bizarre trends coming out from The Separation Guide during COVID-19?
- When it comes to finances, how can you get on “the same page” as your partner?
- What’s “Financial Blackmail”?
- Money & Mental Health
- Why does your family of origin influence your relationship (and relationship with money) so much?
- How To Stop Being A “Financial Victim” of Your Family’s Legacy
- Understanding Money Values in your relationship
- The “3 Corrosive C’s” That Will Destroy Any Relationship
- How To Show Your Love Without Spending Heaps of Money…
- Are you guilty of financial infidelity?
- What is “The Sandwich Approach” to check in with your partner?
- Practical Tips For Couples Who Aren’t Quite On The Same Page…
- How can couples to do this work without a Couples Counsellor?
- Why Is “I’m Working So Hard For My Family” A Myth?!
- What’s the biggest problem of outsourcing significance?
- Bryce and Andreas “3 C’s” for communication!
- The difference between Millennials and Traditional Views
- Is it a bad thing to keep your finances separate from your partner?
- How to release your money fears