IMPORTANT NOTE: This recording was filmed and produced before Queensland’s Land Tax was scrapped.
With a number of policy changes on the cards, in our third episode of “Talking Property Tax with Julia Hartman,” Ben and Julia cover…
- Salary Sacrificing For Cars: How do Salary Sacrificing and Novated Leases work? Plus, how can you tell if either is beneficial for you?
- Electric Vehicles – What are the changes to Federal Government’s policy and when is the best time to buy?
- Private Health Insurance – Is it worth it?
- QLD Land Tax Changes – How can you get around it?
Together they’ll reveal how these policies work and what actions are worth taking to reduce your tax repayments.
Tune in now!
p.s. If you are looking for an experienced and qualified tax accountant, you can reach out to us here 👉 https://thepropertycouch.com.au/tax
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Tune in to our other episodes of Talking Property Tax with Julia:
- Check out BAN TACS, Julia’s own accounting practice which is also full of fantastic content around property investing and taxes!
- Are you searching for a property investment-savvy accountant? Book a FREE consultation with one of our qualified tax accountants here.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 0:00 – What we’ve covered so far…
- 3:29 – Salary Sacrificing For Cars
- 9:02 – What are the potential tax savings?
- 12:31 – Is it a case-by-case basis?
- 15:31 – When to Buy an Electric Vehicle?
- 17:41 – Instant Access Write Off
- 20:20 – The fine print (how to make sure you’re covered!)
- 25:16 – Private Health Insurance – The history of the Medicare Levy
- 28:32 – How to avoid the surcharge!
- 36:14 – Is it worth it?
- 38:35 – QLD Land Tax Rules Change
- 44:03 – A Real Case Study
- 47:06 – Ben’s predictions for the future…
- 47:45 – How can you get around it?