As the old saying goes…
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”.
And folks, we believe this holds true today which is why this Bonusisode is all about organising your taxes in the lead up to 30 June 2022!! (Part one)
This is the 2nd episode from our NEW Property Tax education series called Talking Property Tax with Julia Hartman where we give YOU hot tips and tricks to boost your returns and avoid tax traps.
(Pssst – check out Episode 1: The Top 5 Tax Rules Every Property Investor Must Understand here!!)
In today’s episode, we’re covering…
How to top up your own super…
The BEST bookkeeping practices everyone should implement (Like what records should you keep and how long you should keep them for!!)
AND we’re also giving you handy tips for claiming car and travel costs!!
We’ll also be putting on our property investors’ hats to unpack the difference between Improving vs. Repairing in the eyes of ATO!
But that’s not all!!
To help illustrate what we’re talking about in today’s episode, we’re also giving you 3 FREE reports on:
- How to make your own Superannuation Contributions
- Tax deductions when working from home
- Year-end considerations for Rental Property Owners
Just fill out the forms below to download them now!
There is tons of gold in this Bonusisode so tune in now!
p.s. If you are looking for an experienced and qualified tax accountant, you can reach out to us here 👉 https://thepropertycouch.com.au/tax
p.p.s Make sure you stay tuned for Part 2 where we hone in on maximising your claims with travel, plant and equipment deductions!!
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 1:33 – How to make contributions to your Super
- 4:09 – What benefits do you get from topping up your Super??
- 10:48 – Pitfalls of the home office claim
- 13:24 – What should you be recording when bookkeeping?
- 17:00 – Should you bother claiming your utility bills in the home office?
- 18:37 – Listen tothis if you’re self-employed!
- 19:56 – Let’s Recap!
- 20:35 – Must-knows with car and travel claims!!
- 26:53 – Property Taxes and Interest in Advance
- 27:50 – Why 2022 is a (relatively) LOW tax bracket!
- 32:56 – Repairs vs. Improvements
- 36:01 – Example 1: Repairing a roof
- 37:37 – Example 2: Carpet to Floorboards
- 41:18 – What is plant equipment?
- 43:13 – Understanding different depreciation schedules…