Folks, in honesty, today’s guest needs no introduction – although we’re still going to give him one… 😉
Previously the Treasurer in the Berejiklian Government in 2017 and 2019 (following the re-election of the NSW Liberals and Nationals) he has also served as the Minister for Finance, Services and Property.
A proud husband and father to 7 kids, please welcome to the couch…
The Hon Dominic Perrottet MP, NSW Premier and Member for Epping in the NSW Legislative Assembly!!!! 🎉😱🤸♀️
Together, we’re pulling back the curtain on NSW’s newest property reforms, and examining his role in the scrapping of Queensland’s diabolical land tax!
From solving the impending housing affordability crisis to helping everyday Aussies get onto the property ladder and build wealth, the Hon. Dominic Perrottet is sharing what these reforms actually mean for you and why their critical to the future of Australia’s property market.
But of course, that’s not all…
Like all our guests, we get to dive a little deeper into who the Premier of NSW is, looking at his childhood and his money story growing up.
(Psst here’s a teaser: there’s a self-funded school exchange to Italy…at just 15 years old!!)
An extremely insightful episode, the Hon. Dominic Perrottet shines a light on what managing an entire state looks like from the inside. A fantastic episode to kick off October, tune in now folks!!
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Want to be on The Couch? We’re calling all potential 2022/23 Summer Series Guests! If you’d like to share your story, reach out to Stig here (We’d love to hear from you!!).
- Read the NSW Government’s media release on its proposed First Home Buyer Choice scheme.
- Read this article shedding more light on the Hon. Dominic Perrottet’s role in stopping the QLD’s Land tax.
- Read this article on the NSW’s proposed shared equity housing scheme.
- Read this article from the Financial Review, “Untouched 35-year-old house with $1.9m price tag sells for $3m” (As mentioned in Ben’s “What’s Making Property News” segment.)
- Haven’t heard about QLD’s scrapped Land Tax? Listen to Episode 405 | Why the Great Australian Renter’s Tax is Everyone’s Problem!? for the backstory!
Want to work with Bryce & Ben’s Award-Winning Team?
- a roadmap to $2k per week passive income? >> Start a conversation with our Qualified Property Investment Advisors…
- buying an investment-grade property in an investment-grade suburb? >> Start a conversation with our independent and experienced Buyers Agents…
- set up or review of your borrowing strategy? >> Start a conversation with our Investment Savvy Mortgage Brokers…
- your defence implementation? >> Start a conversation with our Financial Planners…
- maximising your tax refund? >> Start a conversation with our Investment Savvy Tax Accountants…
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 0:00 – What we’re discussing with THE Premier of NSW!!
- 1:05 – Ladies we want to hear from you! Help us inspire others as a 2022/23 Summer Series guest!
- 3:14 – Never judge a book by its cover…
- 3:39 – Meet the NSW Premier, the Hon. Dominic Perrottet!
- 4:51 – What was his first job straight out of university?
- 5:58 – Growing up in a family of 12?!?
- 7:04 – How he funded his exchange program in Year 10! 😮
- 8:12 – Behind the political curtain of the scrapped QLD Land tax…
- 12:13 – The proposed tax set to help First Home Buyers!!
- 14:27 – And this is why Ben is a massive supporter of it…
- 16:43 – Who is the Shared Equity Scheme Trial targeting, and why?
- 18:55 – The true goal of this initiative!
- 19:30 – This is the process the Hon. Dominic Perrottet goes through before making changes…
- 20:33 – Why has he increased the Accelerated Infrastructure Fund?? (More exciting than it sounds folks!)
- 22:28 – How this will materialise in Western Sydney
- 23:19 – This is what will bring the prices of houses down!!!
- 24:14 – “You can’t kill the goose that lays the golden eggs”
- 25:13 – Slashing through the Red Tape: Where did the problems begin?
- 27:47 – Why incentivising councils is important
- 28:53 – Ben & Bryce’s Radical Pitch: The Override Rule
- 30:18 – This is how local community charm& housing affordability can be achieved….
- 31:57 – The Hon. Dominic Perrottet on the Stretched Commuter Belt
- 33:45 – Why working with regional councils is key!
- 34:37 – All Politics Aside…Our 2 cents on today’s discussion!!
- 36:08 – If you have property ideas you’d like to share too, we’re inviting you to the couch!
- 36:54 – So…is the First Home Buyers Scheme actually a good idea?!
- 38:38 – Has Siri been chiming in when you don’t want? Here’s how you can turn Siri off on your Apple Watch.
- 40:27 – A Series of Scrapped Reforms: The UK Mini Budget & QLD Lands Tax!
- 42:50 – A subdivided AND untouched 35-year-old house sells for…. $3M?!?!?
- 44:05 – 2023 as the bottom?! You’ll have to tune in next week...😉