“Kyal & Kara” Demmrich became household names after the humble chippy & physio joined The Block back in early 2014 for their Fan Vs Favs series. And when that popular reality program was over, the courageous renovation-lovers decided to do it ALL again – this time on Reno Rumble in April 2015!
And now, with their own successful Design & Construction business, Diverse Design & Build, and tackling their own Renovation Series, Kyal and Kara are a near-perfect example of what it’s like to renovate, raise kids, run a business and not lose your mind in the process!
In fact folks, we’ve ‘gotta hand it to them – this couple is remarkably positive, healthy and staying ahead of the game!!
And guess what’s even more surprising? We actually interviewed them during “The Week They Never Want to Repeat!!”
So. What’s their secret?
And what Renovation Tips could the rest of us benefit from?! (Maybe BEFORE you “do a Ben” and challenge your sanity be renovating the family home!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Kyal and Kara – The Block Audition Video
- Blue Lagoon Build (Kyal & Kara’s Renovation Series)
- Episode 132 | Josh and Jenna from The Block! New things for this Bickering Couple and their Tiny House Movement in Australia
- Free Report: Top Tips on How To Master the Foundational PIllars in Pandemic Times or just fill in the form below and we’ll email you the PDF right away!
Free resources: ABCD during Pandemic
What we cover in today’s episode…
- Life “Before The Block”– What was Kyal & Kara’s first ever renovation?
- Applying for The Block – The audition and interview process
- What was it like to have a camera crew following you around for 3 months straight? (And how did it feel when it was all over?)
- Kyal & Kara’s Backstories – What was money and the Property Story like growing up?
- Why did they decide to do it all again so quickly?
- What was the Bad Side of being in the spotlight?
- What was The Planning Process like when turning around a room in one week? (Did they get help from the producers of The Block?!)
- What’s the deal with Kyal nailing his hand to the wall? (ouch!)
- How did the find their current renovation project?
- Top 3 Tips to Survive a Reno!
- Accidents & Mishaps and things NOT to do when renovating?
- What’s the “rule of thumb” of renovation costs per metre?
- Is the goal to Renovate & Sell or Renovate & Accumulate?
- How do they keep their mindset in check?
- How has COVID-19 impacted their current life? How have they pivoted?
- Importantly: What’s the secret to renovating, raising kids, running a business and NOT losing one’s mind in the process?
p.s. Here’s a quick snippet of the nail accident! 👇
p.p.s. And here’s a behind the scenes view on our recording 👇