We’re very excited to announce that Josh & Jenna—who, let’s face it, ditched their surnames after becoming household names on the 2011 series of The Block—have landed, with their 8 week old bubba, Freddie, on the Couch!
The husband and wife duo, also featuring on The Block’s All-Star Series and Reno Rumble, are founders of Melbourne-based interior bicker design. With Josh a qualified plumber and Jenna currently sharing her knowledge and passion at Design School, they are here to chat about all things renovation—and how to make a profit out of it!
We’ll cover quite a few things, folks:
- What being “the bickering couple on The Block” was really like
- How it felt to lose at auction
- The most important tips for renovating
- How they used the equity in their first home to buy in Melbourne (a city they hadn’t been able to afford until then)
- What is the end game of buying and renovating in today’s market?
- Their budget formula for renovations
- How to invest in Blue Chip areas when you can’t afford it yet
- The financial benefits of paying a Stylist to “stage your house” before selling
- Tiny House Movement in Australia: What is it and how will it impact asset selection
- The future of renovating and what need to know
- Investing for Airbnb
Happy listening (you can hear Freddie in this podcast too, naaw)!