Folks, it’s likely that today’s guest — Turia Pitt — needs little or no introduction!
Chances are, her name’s familiar to you… and that’s because Turia became a household name when, at 24, her life was turned upside down when she became trapped in a grass fire while competing in a 100km ultramarathon.
And not only did she manage to SURVIVE the severe burns to 65% of her body… she’s also gone on to absolutely THRIVE in an ultimate story of triumph!
Indeed, Turia has well and truly beaten the odds and is inspiring others all over the country to never lose sight of their goals, dreams or who they are with her 7-step coaching course, School of Champions – a guide to getting unstuck, ditching your excuses, overcoming all kinds of barriers and making things happen. Plus, she’s gone on to deliver some truly brilliant speeches across the globe and is the author of several books, including the newly released The Good Selfie as well as Unmasked and Everything to Live For.
On top of that, she’s also an ambassador for Interplast Australia & New Zealand and to date, has helped raise almost $1 million dollars in donations and $3 million dollars in awareness. Her humanitarian doesn’t stop there, Turia has also been busy working on Haapii, a foundation with the overall aim of providing kids in developing countries with the best educational resources possible!
So, yep… she’s a VERY inspiring lady indeed!
And obviously, we’ve got her on for a few reasons…
- Her story is jaw-dropping
- Her mindset tips break the Richter scale — (next level lessons to help you here!)
But there’s something else you might not know about Turia…
- … She’s also a property investor!
Before we kick off Turia’s mindset hacks, personal story and property investment journey…
Just a quick shout out that WE’VE CREATED AN AFL FOOTY TIPPING COMPETITION! And we have some EPIC PRIZES up for grabs!!!
Yes, we know not all our listener folk are fond of our AFL banter… BUT we’ve created an exclusive The Property Couch League for those who want to compete with us this season.
1st Prize…. A tailored Property Portfolio Plan (Value: $4,950)
2nd Prize… A next-step Property Plan (Value: $2,970)
3rd Prize… An Hour Chat with Us (Value: At least $1.20… surely??)
And here’s what you can learn from Turia Pitt…
- What does Turia stay about the “Comfort Zone”?
- How can you avoid limiting the expectation of yourself with all of the external noise?
- What was Turia’s mindset prior to the race that caused the accident?
- Is a winning mindset innate or is it something you can learn?
- What are her dad’s two rules? (Ha!)
- What does Turia believe about “looking backwards”?
- What’s the morning routine that she uses to mentally prepare the day?
- Why’s it important that we fail?
- How important is seeking advice in an area out of your skillset?
- What was Turia’s life like before property came into the mix?
- Why invest in property?
- What lessons has she learnt from investing in property?
- Where should you direct your focus when you’re just starting out?
- Why do you need to know about “ad hoc” spending?
- How has the digital world made it harder to be a good money manager?
- What can you do to reverse this?
- Do you need to be an expert property investor to succeed?
- What should you keep in mind if you skip a mortgage repayment?
- How does language affect us?
- Why’s goal setting so important?
- What are some of Turia’s goals for the future?
Want to learn more about Turia? Follow her on Insta!