Do you have a passion for property or have been listening to the podcast, loved it and are keen to join us at our business? If you do, we want to hear from you!
The Property Couch is a podcast managed by Empower Wealth Group of Advisory Companies (BRW Fast 100 Companies for 2016, 2017 & 2018). Everything that you hear in the podcast regarding smart lending strategy, effective money management habits, the five steps process to building a property portfolio plan, formulas to selecting investment-grade assets and more are the values that we practice and services that we offer at Empower Wealth. Now all this would not have been possible without our team of specialised, dedicated and experienced professionals who are focused on providing market leading customer service and the best possible financial advice for our clients.
Why should you consider Empower Wealth?
- We are big on culture and teamwork! We support a fun but professional environment and is strict on equal opportunities and providing a non-discriminatory workplace.
- Continuous learning is an integral part of our team – this includes a comprehensive induction program, monthly Eat & Learn, a tailored EmpowerMe program and a yearly educational and development budget for each team to grow personally and professionally!
- We are an award-winning advisory firm – BRW Fast 100 Companies for 2016, 2017 & 2018, Property Investment Advisory Firm of the Year 2018, Best Customer Service Winner for the ABA awards and more!
- We offer competitive salary packages AND our team is entitled to a discounted price for each of our services, a chance to participate in our Employee Share Scheme and more.
As an award-winning advisory firm that has established itself as one of Australia’s leading Property, Finance and Money and Wealth advisory practices, we know that the only way to ensure our promise and commitment to our clients is to provide the best environment, the best opportunities and the best support to our people. Although we all came from different specialised skill sets, we are focused on the same goals for our clients. We support equal opportunities and a non-discriminatory workplace.
So if your current job isn’t fulfilling for you or it’s not allowing you to be that person who wants to help others achieve their goals and dreams and you are interested in applying for any of the roles mentioned below, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resume together with a cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A) Experienced Financial Planner (SYDNEY)
Are you someone who wants to be part of a growing and passionate team helping find the right solutions and overall pathway for clients to build and protect their financial futures?
- 2016, 2017 & 2018 BRW/Financial Review fastest 100 growing company
- You want to make a real and lasting difference to clients
- Employee Share Scheme – because our people matter to us
About The Role
We are looking for an energetic financial planner with a broad base of strategic and investment experience. Bringing your experience and skills to the table and combining them with our existing team of specialist advisors and support staff, your role will be to work with and nurture new and existing client relationships. Once the understanding of personal and financial goals are assessed against current and future cashflows positions, you will be responsible for advising clients in terms of their risk / insurance, superannuation and investment options to best align with the client’s overall objectives.
It is unlikely that you will be required to externally prospect for new business, as due to the high consumer profile of the business, new enquiries are very strong and consistently generated. Your core focus will be placed on helping advise new and existing clients to improve their financial situation and continuing to develop your subject matter expertise in your field. Furthermore, you will have at your disposal our internal team of industry experts, leading edge business systems and processes, plus initial and ongoing support and training.
You will also be working in a family-friendly and equal opportunity environment. By joining our growing team of experts, you will collaborate with fellow advisers to provide a holistic and tailored money management, finance, property and wealth advisory solutions.
- Provide initial and ongoing advice to a broad range of well-informed client segments
- Manage internal relationships with key support staff and advisory partners
- Maintain all necessary compliance requirements and actively participate in (internal and external) strategic, investment, and risk training
- Develop lasting and meaningful relationships with your client base, so you can take them on their journey to a wealthier tomorrow
- Embrace the culture of the firm and work well with team members within your division and across the company
What You Need for Success:
- A progressive outlook, high energy and a hunger to learn and expand your knowledge base
- Previous and current Financial Planning experience (Minimum 3 years)
- An ability to think outside the square
- A track record in establishing and maintaining high quality client relationships
- Experience working with HNW clients
- A strong proficiency in Risk/Insurance, Taxation, and Investments
- Organised, responsible and with high professional standards
- Excellence written and verbal communication and customer service
- Able to work independently and in a team environment and be independently motivated
- Proficient in Xplan and Microsoft applications
- Tertiary qualifications in the appropriate disciplines
- FESEA compliant or working towards qualifications
Call to Action:
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company who cares more about helping as many Australians as we can improve their financial wellbeing, as opposed to trying to sell certain investment ‘products’ to achieve a bigger bottom line result. A fulfilling career and attractive remuneration package that reward commitment and effort, await the successful candidate.
Interested? Please send your resume together with a cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez at email@example.com.
B) Experienced Morgage Brokers (SYDNEY)
Bringing your experience and skills to the table and combining them with our existing team of specialists, your role will be to help clients identify their opportunities and potential for building a wealthier tomorrow. You will be responsible for assessing their current finances, existing lending and future lending possibilities and by using our in-house software and systems, assess their current and forecast cashflows to advise them of the best pathway to achieve their goals. So much more than a run of the mill broker – and so much more rewarding!
(Training and Support in using our internal software and systems is also provided).
General lead generation and business development is handled by the group’s marketing and operations team, so it will be rare that you are required to prospect and source your own leads or undertake business development activities. Furthermore, you will have at your disposal leading edge business systems and processes which you can utilise to allow you to focus your energies on the most important role of all – helping our clients improve their financial situation.
In order to achieve this, your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Gain Trust and Advise Clients on Finance matters that align with their personal and financial goals and objectives;
- Helping in determining clients’ current financial position and their future potential opportunities;
- Recommend lending solutions which offer maximum benefits and optimal outcomes for your clients;
- Conducting and reviewing fact finds;
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent understanding of lending policy across our panel lenders;
- Work closely with our skilled and motivated support team to streamline loan processing and settlement;
- Develop lasting and meaningful relationships with your client base, so you can take them on their journey to a wealthier today and tomorrow;
- Developing an excellent understanding in helping households use and manage their money better;
- Embrace the culture of the firm and work well with team members within your division and across the company.
Firstly, you will have a strong level of skill and knowledge of your profession. You will also have a strong desire to help others in a holistic manner over the long term to change their lives financially for the better.
You have a willingness and drive to help those around you. You are proud, confident, yet humbled by the achievements you have already made in your career. You take learning seriously and are proactive in your approach to accumulate knowledge to improve the work that you do.
Your problem solving ability is second to none and you build relationships with ease. You are looking for a career that will provide you with a wonderful sense of purpose in your working life, knowing the positive impact you have made in your clients’ lives.
What You Need For Success:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Genuine desire to help others;
- Strong sense of integrity;
- A proactive approach and strong commitment to personal and professional growth;
- 100% commitment to customer excellence by providing a first class experience;
- An undeniable passion for finance, property, and wealth creation;
- An innate desire to be constantly striving to be the very best you can be;
- Previous and current Broking or Bank Lending experience (Minimum 2 years)
A fulfilling career and very attractive remuneration package which rewards commitment and effort, awaits the successful candidate.
So if your current job isn’t fulfilling for you or it’s not allowing you to be that person who wants to help others achieve their goals and dreams, then we want to hear from you. Please send your resume together with a cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C) Associate Property Investment Advisor (MELBOURNE)
This role is a dream role for someone who is passionate about making a difference to people’s lives through building property investment strategies and plans as an Associate Property Investment Advisor. So if you are a lover of property investing, numbers and analysis then this is opportunity for you to pursue. This role also presents established pathways to becoming a Property Investment Advisor.
If you are an energetic Financial Planner, Accountant, Mortgage Broker or someone in the Financial Services or Property arena looking for a change, then this is the career change you have been looking for. Alternatively, you may already be in the property investment industry, but you are looking to take your next career step into a professional advisory role.
Empower Wealth has developed the most advanced property investment modelling software in the market. This software combined with our property investment knowledge and the skills and experience of our team of advisors, allows Empower Wealth to provide independent and tailored property investment strategies and plans for our clients as they strive to achieve financial independence.
In this role you will work within our specialist team of property investment advisors. You will also have regular access to one of the most experienced and award winning property investment advisors in the country – Ben Kingsley. He will be there to assist in developing your property advisory capability to the highest levels. Along with working with Ben, you will spend many hours working with Michael Pope, who is responsible for the development of our leading edge property investment software. You will learn how to best utilise this software to run the analysis and modelling scenarios for client investment plans.
After an extended period of training and mentoring, you may be offered the opportunity to become a Property Investment Advisor within our firm. In this capacity you will be responsible for the development of client property investment strategies and property portfolio plans. You will develop strong, long term relationships with your clients as their trusted advisor.
- Excellence in communication, customer service and teamwork
- Excellence in financial modelling and analysis using intermediate skills in excel- initially with support and insights from management and our other specialist advisors within our Financial Planning and Mortgage Broking divisions
- Developing your skill set to become formally educated as a Qualified Property Investment Advisor
- Embrace the culture and values of our firm and work well with team members within your division and across our company
- Establish and maintain systems to effectively monitor and report on Property analysis and trends
Successful candidate will:
- Be 100% Client focused with exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Be driven by helping to solve problems and guide clients with their property investing endeavours
- Have strong interest in Property, Property Investment, Household Budgeting, Money Management and Personal Wealth Creation
- Be articulate and able to explain financial models in plain English
- Be proficient in Excel at least an intermediate level
- Have the capability to work independently, problem solve and process information quickly
- Possess great analytical skills and initiative to apply lateral thinking to solving problems
- Be organised, responsible and maintain high professional standards
- Be detail oriented and able to use a range of technology and software
- Having an investment property or portfolio of properties would be looked at favourably, but not essential
- Energetic, hardworking and flexible
The successful candidate will see this opportunity as ‘career changing’ or as a ‘career breakthrough’ moment. It offers the successful candidate the chance for career progression; the opportunity to work with some of the leading players in the industry; work skills that can contribute to their own personal financial position; and the chance to work with clients over the long term to change their lives for the better. This role will also provide you with a sense of purpose, knowing the positive impact you have made in your clients’ lives.
Interested? Please send your resume together with a cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez at email@example.com.
D) Loans Processor & Mortgage Support Officer (MELBOURNE)
We are seeking the services of a caring individual who loves working with set systems and processes. They must be highly organised, able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, have the ability to work to deadlines, sound computer literacy, outstanding written and verbal communications skills and be keen to make a worthwhile contribution to our clients and our team.
Your preferred work preferences should be routine tasks and process driven work and an interest in numbers and analytical tasks and property in general.
Ideally, you will come from an operational background and will have 2 years experience in the Banking/Finance/Mortgage/Accounting/Commerce or Property/Real Estate sector. That being said, we do employ for attitude and train for skill, so if you have a great attitude and you think this is the perfect role for you then we want to hear from you.
As a loans processor, you will be responsible for the loan application from unconditional Approval through to settlement. This will also involve direction from our Finance/Mortgage Advisors and you will be liaising with customers, lenders, solicitors / conveyancers, real estate agents, etc.
Administration duties include database management of client information, general office and customer service duties. Initial hands-on and ongoing training and support will be provided to help you become an experienced and valued team member.
Assist the Finance/Mortgage Advisor and team with full supporting services relating to mortgage lending and household finance management
- Embrace the culture of the firm and work well with team members within the mortgage team and across the company
- Have or gain a strong understanding of lending policy and procedures across our panel lenders to improve overall process and client experience
- Work with other division team members to ensure smooth and enhanced client experience
- Help with maintaining clients records and information and other reporting needs
Successful candidate will have/be:
- 100% Client and Team focused
- Highly organised
- High professional standards
- High degree of attention to detail
- A strong desire to help others
- Be able to work autonomously in a busy environment
- Diligent, energetic and hardworking
- Confident in their own abilities (But doesn’t need to be a ‘show pony’ to demonstrate it)
- Approachable and Conscientious attitude
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients, and other third party relationships.
- Task and system orientated
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task to work to deadlines
- Sound computer literacy
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Friendly and professional client facing and telephone manner
- Willingness to make a worthwhile contribution to our team
- Previous loan processing experience not essential, but would be highly regarded
So if we sound like a business you want to be a part of and this role sounds like you or you’re planning to return to the workforce after some time out then we want to hear from you. 2 years experience within the operational background is preferred but not essential and age is no barrier. Please send your resume together with a cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.