“The aim of the game is to learn how to fill your own cup… to do the adult work.” – Jaemin Frazer
Matt Srama lost everything. But then he did something that would turn this loss into a profound learning experience. And his life has dramatically changed as a result.
The question for you is… have you ever wanted to change something in your life, but found yourself getting in your own way? Maybe you keep repeating the same bad habits that are interfering with the result you really want. Or maybe you’re shackled to the same story that’s been running your life for a very long time, keeping you stuck, perhaps without you even realising what’s happening!!
Well folks, today’s exclusive episode is all about how to become the hero in your own story and finally do the “adult work” you need in order to live the life you truly imagined for yourself & recover from ANY set back. And we have not one, but TWO very special guests in with a very candid interview to reveal the framework folks need to create LASTING positive change… and ditch any self-fulfilling prophecies, insecurities or setbacks that could be standing in the way of real success!
Joining us today are two “repeat offenders” on the Couch and names you might already recognise…. retired professional NRL rugby league player for the Gold Coast Titans, Matt Srama (Episode 254) AND one of Australia’s leading Life Coaches and Founder of The Insecurity Project — and Bryce’s own personal development coach — Jaemin Frazer (Episode 179).
Here’s the deal… Matt’s ridden the cycle of being a professional athlete – the excitement of being drafted, the excitement of earning good money, the excitement of having a huge crowd cheering for him and his teammates… and then felt the complete reverse of this … the shattering disappointment of a promising career cut short due to injury. And so, ‘cos we’re a big fan of the frameworks Jaemin teaches about getting through insecurity, Bryce saw an opportunity to chat to them both today and get a unique perspective that we don’t hear about too often…
Bushfire appeal links:
- St Vincent De Paul Society
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery
- RSPCA WIRES
- Celeste Barber
- Vic CFA
- NSW RFS
- Bendigo Bank Bushfire Disaster Appeal
Free Resources Mentioned:
- Episode 254 | NRL Star Unpacks His Money and Property Story – Chat with Matt Srama
- Episode 179 | Five ways to Create a Winning Property Investor’s Mindset – Chat with Jaemin Frazer
- Matt Srama’s Instagram
- Jaemin’s Full Framework (download via The Insecurity Project)
- Make Money Simple Again (Free PDF Book)
- The Armchair Guide to Property Investing (Free Physical Book – just pay shipping)
- How to Be Self-Sufficient Financially, Physically, Mentally and Relationally
- What are some of the unique challenges athletes face?
- What are some numbing strategies we all face?
- What did Matt miss the most when he retired?
- Tony Robbins and a false sense of security…
- The Child Strategy vs The Adult Strategy
- Better Ways to Meet Your Needs – Distinguishing Between Internal and External
- What are Healthier Habits To “Fill The Void”
- Tony Robbin’s 6 Core Needs and how it affects your choices
- How many of these core needs create addiction?
- What was it like for Matt once the “shield” came off?
- The stories we tell ourselves…
- How to switch your mindset
- The tipping point…
- Why do you have to go all the way back to the place the story it started?
- How can thinking “you’re nothing special” help?
- Learning your subconscious blueprint
- The problem with mental health…
- The Two Things you need to become an “adult”
- How to recover when you’ve lost everything
And this is the last of our Summer Series 2019/20 folks! We hope you’ve enjoyed it! And if you ever want to re-visit some of the other episodes in this series, they are all right below!
- Episode 261 | How to Hack Your Habits to Make You a Better Money Manager – Chat with James Clear
- Episode 262 | Before & After: From “Scared and Sold Everything” To Financial Peace – Chat with Gabby
- Episode 263 | How A Bag of M&Ms Set The Foundation For A $120,000 Passive Income – Chat with Keno
- Episode 264 | How $4,000 Turned into Six Properties – Chat with Joey
- Episode 265 | The Incredible Money Transformation That Happened In Less Than 18 Months – Chat with David
- Episode 266 | The Wake-Up Call That Demanded Change and How She Used Money SMARTS To Get Back On Track – Chat with Keren
- Episode 267 | The Unorthodox Twist To The Money SMARTS System & Why It STILL Works – Chat with Brendan
- Episode 268 | From Fear of Property Investing to Three Properties By 29 – Chat with James
- Episode 269 | Gamifying The Race To Retirement: Granny Flats, A Garage Full of Cars, And An Ex-Seller of House & Land Packages – Chat with Athena Anca