With Australia’s housing boom slowing and interest rates on the horizon, folks it’s finally time to ask…
Is the property market past its peak?!
To help us answer this question we’re doing a deep data dive into CoreLogic’s Hedonic Home Value Index February report!
We’ll be unpacking the cycle just passed, its monthly and annual data, and what it means for our future…
But remember folks: We’re talking about the peak rate of growth!
While this means we probably won’t see the same level of growth in 2021, it does NOT mean you shouldn’t invest for the rest of the year!!
We’re also making some projections into 2022’s capital growth, breaking it down to the positives and negatives we expect to see in demand and supply.
You can expect us to cover everything from population movement to immigration, commuting to climate change and more!!
But before you go check out the podcast, we’ve got a special announcement…
IT’s OUR 7th BIRTHDAY!
(Well, it was last week but time flies when you’re having fun 😉). A huge thank you to the Stig, our team, and all our listeners and contributors who make us what we are!
But back to the good stuff… this episode has loads of future predictions that could help you make the best decisions in 2022, so tune in now!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Read CoreLogic’s Hedonic Home Value Index February report here.
- Episode 379 | Why Time is the Secret Sauce?
Here’s what we cover…
- 2:28 – It’s our birthday! (Well belated 😉) A big THANK YOU to all our listeners!
- 4:40 – Oldrentvestor aka. Jane, contact us for a free “Start & Build” course! You’ve warmed our hearts.
- 7:10 – Break the Cycle. Be the Change.
- 9:30 – What we saw over the past cycle (and what caused it!)
- 12:00 – 2 important indicators that investors should research
- 14:14 – Data diving into the numbers!
- 15:54 – Median house values have tipped over THIS mark in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- 17:05 – We’re seeing the ___ of the cycle! (In terms of RATE OF GROWTH)
- 18:15 – The Australian property market through the pandemic till now.
- 21:00 – What do we mean by markets within markets?
- 23:38 – Why Perth is in for an interesting ride…
- 24:50 – The ____ quartile has seen the greatest growth (And what this means!)
- 26:40 – What is Hobart’s income story?
- 28:00 – Just remember THIS when people are talking about debt!
- 28:55 – Looking forward to 2022 (In terms of future capital growth!)
- 29:46 – Demand negatives: The who, what, why and when of Population Movement
- 32:28 – The Affordability Story
- 35:00 – How Queensland’s floods are impacting property markets
- 36:40 – Demand positives: Immigration and home ownership
- 37:40 – The Government’s forecast for incoming travellers!
- 41:17 – As property prices slow, ____ will go higher
- 42:20 – Supply Positives: Cost to build, normalisation of markets and more!
- 44:55 – Why is Nimbyism good for capital growth?
- 46:35 – Supply Negatives: Commutable markets
- 51:00 – Remember it’s the long-term game folks!
- 51:33 – Our 2022 predictions
- 54:05 – Have you thought to use THIS as a portable phone stand?