There’s no doubt governments are “regulating on the run” with the current crisis on our hands. Coronavirus demands quick action… but, wow, the Queensland Government’s new “Renter Protection Package” is a SHOCKER.
What’s being proposed is, ahh, let’s just say, out of step with the rest of the country and, quite frankly, seems to ignore the COVID-19 stimulus package already on offer… and leaves us landlords particularly vulnerable, especially if we have a property up in the sunny state. And we CAN’T HAVE this shocking, poorly formed policy to seep across the borders and infiltrate into other states… because it would end badly.
Here to talk about these proposed amendments to the tenancy legislation (and why they’re slanted very much in favour of the tenant and can potentially damage the property industry… aka, a complete shocker!) is Antonia Mercorella, CEO of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ).
To give you an idea folks – REIQ is Queensland’s peak body in real estate, and Antonia, as well as being a solicitor, has over 16 years’ experience in the real estate and property sectors! And once you hear her passion and unshakable knowledge about her craft, you’ll quickly know why she’s been identified as one of the 20 most influential people in Queensland real estate!
And, of course, you’ll hear EXACTLY what the QLD Government has proposed in their new “Renter Protection Package” and why it’s a total doozy!!
Be Heard Before 22 April 2020 — EVERYONE MATTERS
What we Cover in Today’s Episode
- What is the Queensland Government’s new COVID-19 “Renter Protection Package” and WHY is it a Shocker?
- What changes are MOST concerning?
- How will landlords be negatively impacted?
- How does the perception of property investors and real estate agents play a role in all this?
- What’s the percentage of people who RENT in Queensland (and what’s the median rent)?
- The imbalance between the Australian Government’s COVID-19 Stimulus Package and the Queensland Governments COV-19 Renter Protection Package…
- Coronavirus: Landlords vs Tenants
- How Antonia went from a Lawyer to a CEO of REIQ without being a real estate agent! (And her back store with property investing)
- How much do property investors pay in Land Tax and Stamp Duty?
- What regulating to the minority really means
- Heaps more…
And of course… Additional Helpful Resources on COVID-19
National Update: Click here
- Australian Capital Territory – Click here
- New South Wales – Click here
- Northern Territory – Click here
- Queensland – Click here
- South Australia – Click here
- Tasmania – Click here
- Victoria – Click here
- Western Australia – Click here
And One Final Word…
If you’re worried about your finances or if you have no clarity on your cash flow position, we strongly recommend you to organise your finances now. It’s more important than ever to have a clear view, down to the exact cent, on how much you’re spending each month and how much surplus you’ve got. If you don’t know it, then log in to your Money SMARTS Platform here and update the numbers.
Don’t have an account yet? Create your free access below and we’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.