There’s ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT CHANGES to Victoria’s rental laws coming into effect next year… and we think these are about to set the precedence for legislation across the entire country.
Which means… landlords need to be clued in on their rights and what’s going to be expected moving forward — and frankly folks… we think the pendulum has swung slightly too far, and is now quite in favour of tenants. So, what do “Residential Rental Providers” — which, by the way, is what Landlords are about to be called — need to know BEFORE these changes kick in??
Here to fill us in on everything in this pretty epic episode, is Hayley Mitchell, Director of Geelong Property Managers and Director and Trainer of Mitchell PT, which provides training and consulting in the property management industry. Plus, she’s also a fully licensed Real Estate Agent and has worked in property management since 1999 (she’s well-and-truly passionate about this stuff, folks!)
And here’s where it gets super important…
Hayley has actually gone through the ENTIRE 500-page Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill with a fine-tooth comb.
And not only is this impressive… but also, it’s actually incredibly helpful for us landlords — or wanna-be landlords, or even the tenants amongst us!
Let’s find out what on earth is going on and how exactly these changes to legislation affect us!
And just a bit of a disclaimer folks: this is Hayley’s interpretation of how these changes will impact landlords and as such should not be taken to represent advice in any way. If you want more information, please seek professional advice from your property manager 😉
- Hayley’s PDF Download – CLICK HERE for The List (and Descriptions) of The Most Important Legislation Changes
- PIPA – Survey – Click here to submit (closes tomorrow — so have your say while you can!)
- RBA Cash Rate Announcement – Click here for RBA Cash Rate — September 2019
- Pete Wargent Webinar PICA – Sign up to watch
- For more updates — Follow Consumer Affairs Victoria on Facebook
- FREE REPORT #1: I have a Property, What’s Next? **Beginner Investors**
- FREE REPORT #2: Is My Portfolio Enough? ** Experienced Investors**
- FREE REPORT #3: Are You Saving For a Deposit?
- FREE REPORT #4: How to Start Investing in Property
The TOP Highlights…
- When are these changes coming through?
- How much notice do you need to get the tenant to vacate?
- What are the changes to the rental minimum standards?
- What’s the fine if you don’t advertise your property at a fixed amount?
- How does “Section 68” affect a landlord’s responsibility for repairs?
- Is there anything landlords can do about tenants keeping pets?
- How long will landlords need to give notice to vacate?
- Why are tenants being let off the hook when it comes to cleaning?
- Is there any way to protect yourself from a tenant’s ability to make “modifications” to your property?
- How much notice do you need to inspecting a property?
- What is the fine if evict the tenant in order to move in but then don’t actually move in?
- Why’s https://thepropertycouch.com.au/ep82-qa-investing-in-property-overseas/a great tenant so important?
- What’s “The Landlord Blacklist“?
P.S. You might also be interested in…