Have you ever thought about WHO will be living in your investment property?
Chances are, you have! Because folks… an investment property is pretty useless without a tenant/s in it!! After all, you need these guys to help pay off your mortgage!
So. Are they all the same??
What TYPES of tenants are out there and what can you expect from each one?
Well, here’s the deal… we think there are FOUR tiers of tenants.
Let’s meet them, shall we?
Oh and FYI: Ben’s “Did You Know” is off the charts… we don’t think we’ve ever seen him this prepared in our podcast history — so make sure you stick around for that!!!
Resources mentioned in today’s show:
- Ben’s History Lesson on Negative Gearing
- Ben’s Article in the Financial Review (may be subscriber access only, sorry folks)
- Ben’s Money Magazine Cover Story – Pay off Your Mortgage or Invest? (Subscribe to Money HERE)
- PICA’s Webinar — Get the Replay — Sign up as a Member
Here’s what you’re in for…
- How many rental dwellings existing in Australia?
- What are the FOUR TYPES OF TENANTS??
- Why are rents predicted to increase if Negative Gearing changes are implemented?
- How much did rents increase in Sydney’s property market when the law was first changed?
- What vacancy rate will give you an “exceptional” rent increase?
- How long does it take to build a new dwelling?
- Why does negative gearing impact supply and demand?
- How long will the absorption of rental prices likely take?
- What’s a “needs” renter versus a “choice” renter?
- How many people divorce per year? (And what does this have to do with property investing?)
- Why don’t tenants buy their own home?
- What does the data suggest about who is migrating to our country?
- What type of tenant is often overlooked?
- Is the “Secret Subletter” ripping you off?
Loved the episode? You might also like: