Investing in property is considered as a relatively safe investment class but as with other types of investments, there are some downfalls that you need to be aware of. So in this week’s podcast, Bryce Holdaway and Ben Kingsley will be sharing their ten biggest property investment risks.
They will be unpacking this list from a macro point of view such as factors that are beyond an investor’s control down to a micro level. Bryce and Ben will also be discussing some risk mitigation strategy that investors can apply when building their property portfolio.
The first macro risk is General Market and Economic Risks. Although each one of us contributes to the country’s performance as a whole, individually, we still can’t influence it much (unless of course, you are a multi-billionaire). So, if a country is performing poorly for example, during the GFC period, some property market would be affected, and this would impose some degree of risk if you are a property investor. Economic activities in a state level also could be a risk because this affects employment rate in the area and hence, your potential tenants as well the value of the investment property.
Listen to the podcast to find out the other 9 property investment risks.
Some of the resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Webinar Replay with Jane Slack-Smith and Peter Koulizos – Register here
- Facebook Live Chat (September 13) – Join here
- Vote for us for the Reader’s Choice Award – Vote here
- Episode 5 – Asset selection – Listen here
- Episode 31 – Checklist to getting a great property manager – Listen here
- Episode 53 – The Money SMARTS System – Listen here