While we love to have some good AFL banter on the show, this week’s episode is all about a star from another Aussie sport… 🏉
We’re jumping into the world of NRL (National Rugby League) with one of its most prominent athletes who played fullback, wing, centre and five-eighth for the Brisbane Broncos.
Representing Australia at an international level and playing in the Queensland State of Origin…
We’re extremely chuffed to welcome Darius Boyd to the couch!
He captained the Brisbane Broncos from 2017 to 2019 and has an illustrious 15-year career as a professional athlete having won 2 NRL Grand Finals.
But folks…as much as we wanted to get lost in sport, this episode peels back the sheets to before Darius was a big sports star…
Back to when “even getting $2 to catch the bus home wasn’t easy…” and he was being raised by his mum and then grandma at 15 years old.
It’s a truly powerful tale as we follow Darius as he jumps from growing up with a tight budget to earning more money than he knew how to handle at just 18.
We discuss the timeless wisdom he gained being coached by one of sports greatest mentors – Wayne Bennett – the drive that pushed him to become one of NRLs best players and the 5 Simple Steps to find positivity and mental peace.
Tune in now folks, this one’s an inspiring tale!
P.S Next week we’re kicking off our Winter Series! While our Summer series is all about transformation, our winter series will be all about planning!
We’ve got a brilliant program in store for you with some heart-warming and inspiring tales from our listeners — we can’t wait to share them with you!
P.P.S As Bryce hinted in the episode, we’ve got something else very exciting coming up. Now we don’t want to give too much away just yet, but we will say one word…W E B I N A R!!
Interested?? Keep your eyes and ears peeled folks, we’ll be releasing the details very soon…. 😉
Free Stuff Mentioned…
- Have a look at Darius’ associate organisation, the Top Blokes Foundation which focuses on improving young male health and well-being. Lots of great stuff being done by them!
- Folks, check out our MoneySMARTS system here or get in touch with one of our Qualified Property Investment Advisors for a FREE no-obligation consultation.
- If you haven’t yet, listen to Reserve Bank Governor Philip Lowe’s interview on interest rates and inflationary challenges here.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 2:11 – Folks, we’ve got 2 VERY exciting things in store for y’all…
- 3:12 – How do you know when it’s enough?
- 8:11 – Meet Professional NRL Star Darius Boyd!
- 9:42 – His Money Backstory: “Even getting $2 to catch the bus home wasn’t easy…”
- 13:50 – The lessons he learnt from living with Grandma
- 15:24 – Darius’ first lesson in wealth building
- 17:45 – Wisdom he picked up from ultimate sports coach Wayne Bennett
- 19:40 – THIS is what makes a good coach…
- 20:29 – The drivers that pushed him to become one of the best NRL players
- 21:55 – The best players weren’t always the best…
- 23:58 – Advice he’d give to others looking back on his career
- 27:38 – Folks, it’s okay to spend on experiences!
- 28:00 – Darius’ first property
- 28:52 – The road to becoming Renovators
- 31:32 – How does Darius & Kayla select their Assets and Location?
- 33:00 – What role does property play in his future?
- 34:33 – What was it like transitioning away from being a Professional Athlete??
- 37:28 – His 5 simple steps for positive mental health!
- 40:22 – Working with Top Blokes Foundation and normalising mental health discussions amongst young men
- 43:40 – Let’s Recap
- 46:24 – Need to set 100 reminders? You can with your Apple Watch!
- 48:35 – One of Ben’s MOST important interest rate updates
- 53:10 – This is actually an opportunity for….
- 54:23 – Check out RBA Gov. Phillip Lowe’s 7.30 Interview here