Ahh yes, The Great Australian Dream. 🇦🇺☀️🏖️
Great beaches just a stone’s throw away, endless sunny days and the ability to own a large house on a quarter-acre block of land (With enough space to invite all your mates down for a barbeque on the weekend!)…
But while this dream has survived over the years, its accessibility is another thing entirely.
And it has not gone unnoticed!
A recent 2022 inquiry published by the Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue addresses this very issue…
Titled The Australian Dream: Inquiry into housing affordability and supply in Australia, it provides a list of suggestions on…
How to make The Great Australian Dream MORE affordable!!
And today, we’re unpacking all 16 recommendations from this report!!
There’s all the good stuff, like….
How can the Federal AND State Government play a bigger role in supporting those in need?!
Is removing stamp duty actually a good idea?!
What policy is a good policy for land and house taxes?
We’re also getting some blasts from the past as we look back at Australia’s history to inform us where our future should go…
Like what the Menzie Government did to increase house ownership post World War 2…
PLUS, see the image below to understand Ben’s section in “What’s Making Property News?” this week.
(It’s one of those stories which prove EXACTLY why you should hold out for the long-term!)
So strap in folks, we’re taking a hard look at our current property market and what NEEDS to change!!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Feeling brave enough to read all 200 pages of “The Australian Dream: Inquiry into housing affordability and supply in Australia”? Check it out here.
- Click here to read the full story about the Sydney family who refused to sell their $50m property to developers (Related to Ben’s “What’s Making Property News?”)
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 1:50 – Grow silently, folks!
- 6:35 – How was The Great Australian Dream was born?
- 8:39 – Is Australia able to provide affordable stock anymore?
- 12:16 – #1: Changing the NIMBY-ism mindset
- 15:42 – #2: Cutting the Red Tape
- 20: 51 – #3: Cash incentives for state and local governments
- 23:45 – #4: More housing for the vulnerable
- 28:47 – #5: What can State Govs do to support those in need?
- 31:16 – #6: Discount-to-market vs. rent-to-own affordable housing
- 31:50 – What the Menzie Gov did to boost H___ O_____…
- 34:44 – #7: Using Super as…house security?!
- 39:23 – Ben has a controversial opinion on this!
- 40:28 – #8: No changes to N____ G___?!
- 43:09 – #9: The Argument for Removing Stamp Duty
- 46:00 – #10: Hello…Land Tax?!
- 46:39 – #11: The Government Sting on Developers
- 50:32 – #12: Reviewing the Build to Rent policy
- 53:10 – #13: Changing Lending standards…
- 55:10 – #14: The RBA’s role in housing (And if that should change!)
- 56:40 – #15: This one’s a no brainer, a big “YES!” from us
- 57:14 – #16: Support the concessional loans!
- 59:28 – What Labor thinks of this report…
- 1:01:44 – Check out our socials – there’s a ton of (TPC) GOLD snippets on there!
- 1:04:00 – This is EXACTLY why you should hold out for the long-term!