Want to hear a property masterclass from one of the best of the best in the industry?! And what if we told you this guest has not only been investing since 1967… but also OUTPERFORMED the marketplace by a whopping 7.1% during this time?
That’s right… today’s guest is one of the LEGENDS in property investing – one of the first EVER Buyers Agents in the country, in fact – and all of the properties he’s purchased for his clients have been scrutinised over a 47-Year Review… and their growth performance EXCEEDED the entire marketplace!
So how did he do it?! And, crucially, where and what properties did he buy to get such a phenomenal return on investment?!
Introducing Jock Bing, Executive Director and CEO of Portfolio Property Management Services – a property investment, buyers advocacy and management firm that Jock founded back in 1967!! Yes, he is one of the trailblazers who invested in property WAAY before it was ever a “thing”… and guided others to do the same; getting them a ripper of a return in the process!
With over fifty years of in-the-trenches experiences, Jock has an enormous amount of wisdom to share… and we feel very fortunate to speak with someone who doesn’t just have longevity in the game, but is one the great pioneers and thought leaders in the property investment industry!
Fun Fact: Jock has actually been one of Ben’s personal mentors throughout his own investment journey… and we’ve been trying to convince Jock to come on to The Couch for some time 🤣… ‘cos the insights this man has is Nothing But Pure Gold.
Boy, oh boy, oh boy… strap yourselves in for a Property Investment Masterclass, folks… you’re about to have your mind blown!
Also – if you wanted to get more information on our Start & Build course, you can get the Limited-Time Discount on Start & Build here. (Discount ends on 22/11/20)
- Episode 302 | Back To The Future: Lessons From 50 Years At The Top Of His Game – Chat with Scott Keck
Here’s What We Cover…
- Who is Jock Bing?!
- What was the property market like back in 1967?
- How did he come up of the idea of investing in property?
- Who lent money to property investors in the beginning?
- How much were properties back then?
- How did he get people to invest in property when it wasn’t really “a thing” yet?
- What did this process look like?
- Why did he NOT go for the new properties?
- What suburbs were they buying in and why?!
- The Why and How of attracting university students
- What does Jock see happening to the future of the property marketv?
- What does “investing in an apartment” really mean?
- Why did Jock say NO to Spruikers?
- The Sydney and Melbourne Market shift…
- The rationale behind investing in existing properties…
- What was the appeal of artisan/workers cottages?
- How do you attract a higher quality tenant in a suburb that’s in the process of gentrification?
- The FOUR Things You Need To Consider In An Investment Property
- When did it pivot from 60 – 66% deposits with solicitors to 80% funding with banks and then using existing equity to get 105%?
- How did the introduction Capital Gains Tax affect property investors?
- Why did he take the long term approach to property investing?
- How many properties was he purchasing for each client?
- What would Jock do differently? Would he do anything differently?
- The implications of investing in property on main roads and compromised areas…
- … Did someone say “NSW reform to Stamp Duty”?!