* yes, this is one of Ben’s favourite episodes EVER! *
Have you ever been around someone who you “just know” is going to be successful? Like, really, really successful?! They talk differently. They think differently. It’s like you can see that the “thing” driving them is coming straight from the core who they are, or something… and, almost always, they aren’t afraid of going against the grain, doing things differently, right?!
Well, it can be argued (and rightfully so!) that today’s guest is already REALLY successful, especially from a career point of view… BUT what makes this guest so impressive is something else… there’s WAY more to them that made us go, “Wow!” multiple times during this interview, actually!
Here’s the deal…
Today we are interviewing 25-year old Australian professional football player (or “soccer” player for some 😉) who plays attacking midfielder or winger for the Socceroos and Perth Glory… Chris Ikonomidis!!
Yes, that means he’s playing “The World Game” at an ELITE level… but it also means that his teammates are often cruising around in their new Lamborghinis and diamond Rolex’s when they’re not on the football pitch…
But Chris?! Nope. Chris is playing an EVEN BIGGER game. See, he’s resisting the lavish lifestyle now ‘cos he’s fully aware that his sporting career won’t last forever.
And that’s where today’s epic episode comes in…. we’re doing a LIVE Critique of Chris’s Property Plan… that is… what properties he’s invested in, what he’s thinking of investing in (and if it’s a good idea or not) and how he’s managed to switch his mindset to stay focused on the long-term play!
This episode’s packed with wisdom ALL of us (yes, that includes us too!) can leverage from and money tips we can apply in our own lives.
Highly recommend this one, folks! Tune in now & let us know what you think!
- Chris’s Instagram
- Episode 254 | NRL Star Unpacks His Money and Property Story – Chat with Matt Srama
- Episode 270 | How To Recover When You’ve Lost Everything – Chat with NRL Star Matt Srama and Jaemin Frazer
- Episode 135 | Andrew Bogut – Why is this NBA Superstar Still Adamant on Investing in Property?
- Portal link: https://tpc.moneysmarts.com.au/
- Make Money Simple Again (Free eBook) or just fill in the form below! 😊
- The Armchair Guide To Property Investing (Free Physical Book)
Join more than 21,000 other users and create your free access to our MyWealth Portal below! We’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.
Here’s What We Cover…
- What’s it like playing football at a national level (we had to ask!)
- Live Planning Critique: We pull apart Chris’s strategy and areas to improve
- The philosophy that keeps Chris humble and conservative with money
- What was the journey to the first and then the consecutive investment properties?
- What percentage should the land value be?
- The order of strategy – what should you be targeting when (i.e. capital growth versus yield, when to buy a balanced asset)
- Where is the biggest risk exist in property development?
- Timing property developments and reducing the biggest costs
- Considerations for “wet areas” (i.e. kitchen and bathroom)
- What was the property spruiker experience Chris and his dad had?
- How to take advantage of a large pay packet that won’t last forever
- The Secret to TRIPPLE Returns
- Chris’s advice for other professional athletes…