Is the “home office” the future office? Coronavirus has changed the face of many businesses – entire companies are now working from home, retail shops have switched to online selling and others, like cafés and restaurants, have simply “shut up shop”, either temporarily as they wait for the storm to pass, or permanently.
So it begs the question… is investing in COMMERCIAL property still a good idea?
Well, returning to the Couch is Scott O’Neill, Founder and Director of Rethink Investing, a buyers agency that specialises in both commercial and residential real estate! Yep, we first heard from him back on Episode 230 | From Residential to Commercial Investing: How this guy quit his Day Job at 28 … and today we’re in for a very special treat as Scott walks us through the key themes unfolding in the office, retail and industrial space… PLUS, he gives us his expert opinion on the “new normal” in commercial real estate, so our folks interested in investing in commercial property know what to aim for, what to avoid and how to find the right commercial properties!
Oh, and Scott even manages to sprinkle in a few nuggets of gold on residential real estate too!
This is a fascinating and knowledge-backed episode that really sinks in a few key messages – and not just for our commercial property investors, but also for the rest of us who simply want to navigate this coronavirus and learn investing best-practices!
- Everyone Matters in Real Estate by REINSW >
- LEGO Masters on 9Now >
- More info and registration for the Job Keeper Package >
- Ben’s RBA Cash Rate May 2020 here >
- A FREE copy of one first best-seller, The Armchair Guide to Property Investing here >
- Our Facebook LIVE on Chapter One here >
What we talk about in today’s episode
- “The Great Work From Home Experiment” – Will it be Permanent?
- How has the coronavirus impacted commercial property?
- What are the current trends and future predictions in commercial real estate?
- What will the future hold for office, industrial and retail spaces?
- Rental Values: How much have they dropped in Bondi?
- Property Values: Will they drop?
- How many commercial tenants are asking for rental relief?
- How to maintain cashflow in commercial property
- Inside the mind of a commercial investor during COVID-19
- What to do when you see a fear-mongering headline (we LOVE this!)
- Optimism vs. Pessimism: Why It Actually Matters
- Things to AVOID in commercial real estate?
- What types of properties make for great investments?
- Commercial Property vs Residential Property
- Where does Scott see opportunity (which states and capital cities?)?
- Why does Scott invest in commercial properties?
- Scott’s prediction from now ‘til Christmas – What are we going to see?
- Land Tax and Stamp Duty in Commercial Properties